Hi geeks, anyone use Quick Books Pro?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkpants

Reaction score
Hi, any geeks use quick books pro or similar.
Really need to get with 2012 and get rid of simplex d book and poss hmrc software !
Anyone know any good software, already done search, head sore !

I think shedunlop uses quick books pro. I tried it and didn't get on with it.

Ahhh that's put me off, does not take much lol !
May I ask what you use persianista ?
My accountant uses sage but the reviews aren't great

I have used Quickbooks for about 12 years. What do you want to know.

I studied finance and accounting but still find somethings hard and I need it to be as easy as possible. After reading on here someone recommended Brightbook and I love it! I can access it wherever there is Internet and all my info is always there. It's great as I can save images of all receipts and keep record of clients. I would like a better database but I use other software for that so I have it in different places so I never loose it. It also generates reports and all and it's FREE! I would like something like this that's not online but this is the easiest one I have found.

I have used Quickbooks for about 12 years. What do you want to know.

Hi natural nails,
I researched it and it came up tops for that price range :)
can u tell be is it fairly easy ?
Does it calculate flat rate vat?
Do you have to pay for new software every year i.e £161.00 on amazon
Anything you think I should know,why do u like it ?
Many thanks in advance x

I studied finance and accounting but still find somethings hard and I need it to be as easy as possible. After reading on here someone recommended Brightbook and I love it! I can access it wherever there is Internet and all my info is always there. It's great as I can save images of all receipts and keep record of clients. I would like a better database but I use other software for that so I have it in different places so I never loose it. It also generates reports and all and it's FREE! I would like something like this that's not online but this is the easiest one I have found.

Thank you extensionist,
I have already tried bright book just other day, it look fab pink setting of course :)

But how do you put in takings, the only way I could think was to create a client named my company and then fill in payments but I made a mistake with one weeks payment and can't for the life of me delete it ?
Other problem is I need to separate these payments into a weeks worth of takings ? Again thought I will need to set up client wk 1 client wk 2 etc.

It looks to good to be true, for FREE !
but I think they bring out up dates you can pay for so maybe that's how they make their money. Plz help !! If I am making any sense ??

Hi naturalnails,
I researched it and it came up tops for that price range :)
can u tell be is it fairly easy ?
Does it calculate flat rate vat?
Do you have to pay for new software every year i.e £161.00 on amazon
Anything you think I should know,why do u like it ?
Many thanks in advance x

If you buy it then yes you will need to update it, if you need to, by buying a new version or upgrade if there is one. I used previous versions for several years withit the need to upgrade. Last year I moved up to 2011.

I actually pay a subscription and get automatic updates and new versions when they come out.

It will do your VAT and your stock levels if you have stock. I am not currently registered for VAT so this side doesnt concern me.

Once your company file is set up then it is easy to maintain. I can do bank transfers from it, email invoices and loads more.

I have used it for so long that it just comes second nature. It also saves me on accountants fees as my paperwork is all neat and tidy with ins and outs that my accountant charges me a nominal fee for doing my tax return.

Do you have staff ? Am I right in thinking you need to buy separate package for payroll ?
Sounds good my accountant charges me £800 per year and I do payroll and vat myself ! And have to fill un my simplex d book too :-( he only does my Annual return !

Do you have staff ? Am I right in thinking you need to buy separate package for payroll ?
Sounds good my accountant charges me £800 per year and I do payroll and vat myself ! And have to fill un my simplex d book too :-( he only does my Annual return !

No I dont have staff. I think there are different versions of the QB Pro, one has payroll.

Latest posts

Back