hi has anyone had botox for crows feet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi dont know if Im in the right thread but here goes. I had botox under my eyes as im 37 and wanted to look fresher (especially as im mixing with very young chickens in beauty school and feel so old lol:green:)

I had it done last Thursday and dont see much of a difference yet, is this normal i was told it could take up to two weeks, but theres no change and it dont even feel any different?

Anyone had botox around the eyes and what was your experience? has anyone had restylane also around the sides of the mouth and was it ok as im considering it ?
cheers
nenee:)

Last edited:
Did you say you had it "under" your eyes as I didn't realise you could have it there. I thought just on the crows feet and forehead and between brows. :hug:

i yeh sorry! Just at the sides and slightly going under the eyes!:green: Cant believe my typing in the title trying to type with my baby round my ankles while hes playing lol:)
nenee

I was under the impression that it could take up to 3 weeks to show results?

Never had it personally. Too young (45 pmsl)

hi ya

iv got to go back for a review and he said could add a little more if need be im only 37 but starting to show signs of aging so its more preventative than cure:lol:

nenee

I've had it done there and it's amazing. The doc I work with is excellent and on the board that governs Botox in UK. He's always attending classes to update his skills.

Just so you know, you can have Botox in most areas but generally not right under the eye, but as you say, at the sides to eliminate crows feet. Some people have it in the corners of their mouth to lift it.

I haven't had Botox for years, now you've got me wanting it again LOL.

Restylane comes under the food act so is different. It's ok if you have enough of it but I don't rate it too much. xxx

Last edited:
Hi ya

Did the results happen quickly or did the lines gradually fade and fade in the two weeks iv been told it takes? I still think theres no difference? is the skin around the eyes supposed to feel different by now? and are we supposed to have a smooth area once it has worked or does it just smooth them slightly am i expecting too much, as my lines arent too bad yet but i wanted them smoothed out?

|Have you ever gone back for further injections in 2 weeks time if not enough put in?

cheers

Hi ya

Did the results happen quickly or did the lines gradually fade and fade in the two weeks iv been told it takes? I still think theres no difference? is the skin around the eyes supposed to feel different by now? and are we supposed to have a smooth area once it has worked or does it just smooth them slightly am i expecting too much, as my lines arent too bad yet but i wanted them smoothed out?

|Have you ever gone back for further injections in 2 weeks time if not enough put in?

cheers
I can take up to two weeks but you should be seeing and feeling some diference by now. The norm is to go back after two weeks if you're not happy and have a free top up. The doc will keep a record of how much he puts in so next time you have it done, he'll get it right the first visit.

Doctors are running a business and they will try to get away with putting less in if they can to save money.

Just say that you'd like a top up and jokingly tell him to not be conservative when he does it.

Hi

Yes he did say if im not happy hed put more in didnt think it was to save money but heh ho. i expected to see and feel more of a pulling effect instead it looks like iv had a little more sleep and defo not worth 150 quid to look like that!

I just hope when he puts more in i wont end up too frozen then, he did say he will know the better next time, he also said i had very good skin so perhaps he put less in thinking i didnt need much?

When you say restylane not too good is it due to allergies with it or not working?

cheers for your advice:)

It's actually better to get it done beside, and over the eye (tightens the muscles over the eye and gives a lifting effect). Strange he did it underneath.

How much did they use? That makes a big difference. Here in vancouver, depending on where you go, it should be between 500-1000$ to acheive a good result for the entire eye area.

There should be a bit of an immediate result, but it will continue to change over the next 2-4 weeks and last from six months to a year. It really does vary.

Hi

When you say restylane not too good is it due to allergies with it or not working?

cheers for your advice:)

Restylane is a filler not a muscle relaxant. it will not achieve the same thing and is much more temporary.

Restylane is good for plumping up the lips and labial lines, but I would suggest fat injections from your own body for this if you want a more dramatic effect (also, your body takes them better... no reactions... no allergies).

He injected at the sides of my eyes and said couldnt do under the eye on the cheek are not eye area as i could end up with a droopy lower lid! Im dissapointed so far theres only been a slight reduction in the lines but he did say he he could put more in next time! I dont know how to ask for further injections as i will feel im complaining as i know the person threw a friend who works for him:o

I thought my fine lines would go and i would not see them anymore but they are still there just slightly lighter am i being unreasonable?:sad:
cheers

He injected at the sides of my eyes and said couldnt do under the eye on the cheek are not eye area as i could end up with a droopy lower lid! Im dissapointed so far theres only been a slight reduction in the lines but he did say he he could put more in next time! I dont know how to ask for further injections as i will feel im complaining as i know the person threw a friend who works for him:o

I thought my fine lines would go and i would not see them anymore but they are still there just slightly lighter am i being unreasonable?:sad:
cheers[/quote

He was probably been cautious as well as conservative, better that he took care not to put too much in if you ask me,
i would just go back and say as much as i am grateful that you didn't put too much in i think you may have been a little too cautious, i don't see much of a difference could you please top it up,
he will want your repeat business so will be happy to top up for you and happy that you have gone back to him with your feedback rather than not going back and been unhappy with the treatment

I've had Restylane in my nasolabial lines. It wasn't too painful, and am considering having more done as I don't think there was enough improvement first time around. (Maybe I was expecting miracles !!!!) I could see a difference, but not enough........
You pay for an ampoule full of the product and it's up to you where you want it put. If you want more, then that'll be extra. It's supposed to last 9 months and, although I had it done in November, I will probably get more before the summer.
If you don't want to keep it up - no problem. Just let it dissipate naturally by itself.
Only down side in my opinion, is the price :eek: about £300 (although as the salon owner, I got discount). Botox is cheaper.

Latest posts

Back