Hi, I'll be with you in just one second.... next thing you know, its a few hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't often post comments here because I too, am worried that my words will be interpreted by someone differently as I meant them and I will get a verbal attack :irked: (and trust me ladies and gents I am critical enough of my own work without the need to be knocked down by someone who consideres that I should already know what I am asking about because they do)

People - Seriously:eek: Are we in school here?!?! I have been following this thread (and all the others as I am here everday several times a day!!) and the comments I see at the start are nothing short of bullying. Pinky asked for our help she clearly sees that she has problems with her techniques and is trying to approach professionals for help to correct herself and set herself straight. I don't care how anyone tries to justify it people have been cruel here and it isn't needed. If you are truly passionate about nails , which I believe that everyone who uses this site is whether amatuer or professional, then isn't the best way to help the nail industry to stamp out the nss salons and produce well trained competent nail techs, to educate them and steer them towards correct procedures.

I didn't post these comments to upset anyone - pls respect my opinion on this as I felt really really strongly I HAD to say something. Did any of you ever get bullied in school? Have any of your children experienced bullying? Then you will know that sick worried feeling you get in your stomach when it happens and well, thats the way I felt following this thread- it's not nice - don't make others feel it when you don't have to.

Life is hard enough - why are we making it harder:cry:

I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY!

this site should be restricted to professionals ONLY

i thought it was for profesionals?as indicated in the title of the salon geek the salon profesional
AHEM(clearing my throat)........professionals ONLY

i'm leaving this alone.....some of you are completely one-sided and choosing to pick apart simple, one-lined statements out of a complete book.....keep reading, sweetie.

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

this site should be restricted to professionals ONLY.....

Here we go..... I have never been in a position to disagree with anyone on here before, but I feel I have to speak out for us "Non-profenssionals" out here.

If you look at the very first thread I posted, I asked advice about training. On the advice from the helpful geeks, I looked into the various options open to me.

On the strength of this, I sold my home of 11 years, went back to live with my parents and gave up a job of 13 years (earning £20k+ per annum) to pursue my dream of being a nail tech. I don't feel like I am dabbling!

The information that I take away from this site is invaluable to me. Someone says "XYZ efile is fab" does not make me go out, buy one & use it on unsuspecting members of the public. The information I get makes me think about the decisions I make and why I make them.

The world of nails is more complex than anyone not involved in the industry could ever imagine, and the thought that, I, as a non-professional would be denied the help and support that I have received from you guys really upsets me.

If pinky's nails has posted out of a perverse sense of fun, then she should be shot with s**t (as we say round these parts!) If however these are genuine questions, then I agree with another poster (sorry, can't remember who said it) that it is good that she realises she has training issues and is at least asking for help, rather than carrying on regardless.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with this post, as I have nothing but respect for all the amazing help and advice that you give out..:)

I have decided to stick around!!! sorry that I caused such an up-roar. Thanx for all the apologies that were sent my way. So I want to start over with people that can help me. I will be filling out my profile again soon (dont have that much time now), this time it will be correct. Next time I make a posting, I will think about how I word it, the people I'm directing it too, and the over all meaning of what I am saying. I dont want you all to think Im full of games. Im a very nice person when you get to know me..... just dont under-estimate me, and take it for weakness. I am also sorry for wording the "smack in the face" which was suppose to mean "this should be a wake up call" not in literal tense. SORRY ABOUT THE WHOLE THING!!!![/COLOR][/U][/COLOR]

So....... all I'm saying is that I would like to start again if thats okay with you all.:green:

mabey just schedule some extra time for your services..
my sets usually take me about 1.5 hrs.. but i always book 2 hours incase of any complications :)
and if i happen to be done sooner i can relax a couple minutes and clean up/set up calmly... so that i'm 100% ready for my next client..
only book as many people as you know you can handle, you don't want your clients to feel like anything is being rushed..

hth..

I have decided to stick around!!! sorry that I caused such an up-roar. Thanx for all the apologies that were sent my way. So I want to start over with people that can help me. I will be filling out my profile again soon (dont have that much time now), this time it will be correct. Next time I make a posting, I will think about how I word it, the people I'm directing it too, and the over all meaning of what I am saying. I dont want you all to think Im full of games. Im a very nice person when you get to know me..... just dont under-estimate me, and take it for weakness. I am also sorry for wording the "smack in the face" which was suppose to mean "this should be a wake up call" not in literal tense. SORRY ABOUT THE WHOLE THING!!!![/color][/u][/color]

So....... all I'm saying is that I would like to start again if thats okay with you all.:green:

Good for you ........ now welcome to the site x

Welcome aboard!

Hi Pinky...firstly let me apologise for bein a little harsh, but i still reckon if you know you are causing your clients pain you should stop, i think you should maybe do a refresher course or invest in a little more training, it will make the experience of doing someones nails more pleasant if you know your not hurting them...

Latest posts

Back