Hi, I'm a newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are lots of fakes on eBay but genuine products as well...you just need to know what you are looking for...the big distributors in the uk are making a lot of money in profit...is buying a genuine product from someone else really that wrong? Gelish in the US is around a third of the price that we pay in uk...thank goodness for VAT free days at Sally's...

I worry about buying fakes from eBay and also Amazon! X

Wow...was this meant to sound a bit mean and patronising? I'm sure it wasn't but it reads that way.

Advice and opinions are always good but often people have different school of thoughts. Xxx

Seriously, how was

' You use eBay "Gelish" '

patronising in any way? She did use eBay 'Gelish'. It's stating a fact.

I'll say it again.
There is absolutely no way to know a product is genuine unless it is bought from an authorized source. You cannot tell by looking at the label or bottle. That's a fact.

Seriously, how was

' You use eBay "Gelish" '

patronising in any way? She did use eBay 'Gelish'. It's stating a fact.

Well I can't see where it says she uses eBay gelish so it looked a bit out the blue on this thread! I might be missing something and if I am I apologise.

No need to be uber defensive blossom I asked a question and stated how it read. I also assumed it wasn't meant to be patronising!

...the big distributors in the uk are making a lot of money in profit...

Really, you know that as fact?

You'd rather the distributors/sellers in the US and China make a profit rather than a UK based business?

Well I can't see where it says she uses eBay gelish so it looked a bit out the blue on this thread! I might be missing something and if I am I apologise.

No need to be uber defensive blossom I asked a question and stated how it read. I also assumed it wasn't meant to be patronising!

There's another thread which she goes into detail about where she buys her products from

Some comments are unnecessary and people jump on the bandwagon. When you're new it can be very intimidating. And others are very outspoken and not always accurate but people don't like to comment for being shot down.

I personally think a good debate is absolutely fine. Nothing wrong with it. Not everyone will agree on everything but it is a forum and it is full of passionate geeks!

I wasn't being uber defensive, hardly as it wasn't me that wrote the sentence in question! :)

There's another thread which she goes into detail about where she buys her products from

Because I'm new I'd not seen that so apologies. x

I wasn't being uber defensive, hardly as it wasn't me that wrote the sentence in question! :)
Pleased and I've read back and it makes sense where you are coming from! Without knowing history it seemed a bit out of the blue! Apologies to my misunderstanding x

Latest posts

Back