Hi, I'm a newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikki Downing

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm new to this site so any support or advice would be great fully received xx

Hi Nikki! Welcome to the site!

Are you looking for advice on anything specific?

And are you trained/training or looking for advice on training - and in what? :)

Hi blossom
I'm trained in nails ie Acrylic gel etc. Been self employed for 4 years with a small client base x

Would love to hear others stories, advice etc. I'm still not 100% sure on my gel polishes x

Any other nail techs on here that use IBD?

Hi Nikki, welcome to Salon Geek.

If you use the search box (magnifying glass) and type in IBD gel and hit return, you will see lots of threads covering that topic.

If you want to ask a specific question, just post a new thread in Nails or whichever forum the topic relates to.

Hope that helps?

I use nail harmony gelish and absolutely love it

You use eBay "Gelish".

I use nail harmony gelish thank you- read my replies properly and you'll see I use eBay ones on the women who want the same colors that have been discontinued
I'm a senior therapist in a spa 3 years and being doing it from home nearly 2 years.... I'm not a xxxx thank you- I do the ordering for work through nail harmony I know what's being discontinued and in actual fact if I wanted to get gelish cheaper id order them through work and give them the money rather than going through eBay- however I can't buy discontinued Stock through nail harmony!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why this site needs to be so b*tchy at times. It's clearly what happens when you get a bunch of women together! You can have opinions/make comments but sometimes it's like being back at school :(

Dictionary definition of bitchy: nasty and vindictive

Where is that? I can't see it.

Hi Nikki D welcome
We are nice here, we offer lots of advice and love a good debate. We are passionate about our skills and love the community we have here!

No bitch zone [emoji724][emoji724][emoji724]

Dictionary definition of bitchy: nasty and vindictive

Where is that? I can't see it.

B word
[emoji725][emoji725][emoji725][emoji725][emoji725][emoji725][emoji725][emoji725]

Blossom I think you're being slightly pedantic. Sometimes the comments on here are like that, like the one above, it's just not needed. Call it bitchy, snide whatever. There's just no point.

I genuinely don't see snide comments PP85. Comments don't always say what the OP wants to read but that doesn't mean they're snide or bitchy.

I genuinely don't see snide comments PP85. Comments don't always say what the OP wants to read but that doesn't mean they're snide or bitchy.

We're never bitchy

Some comments are unnecessary and people jump on the bandwagon. When you're new it can be very intimidating. And others are very outspoken and not always accurate but people don't like to comment for being shot down.

It is very important to us seasoned techs that newbies get the right information. That is why we give our advice. We try to send the new techs down the right path, so they can be the best they can be. It worries me greatly when bad advice is given out, and that includes someone saying they use eBay products and it's perfectly fine. New techs are highly impressionable. It's up to those of us more knowledgable to guide newbies to the right suppliers, techniques and best practices.

You use eBay "Gelish".
Wow...was this meant to sound a bit mean and patronising? I'm sure it wasn't but it reads that way.

Advice and opinions are always good but often people have different school of thoughts. Xxx

Gelish was in quotes because if it's from EBay it's probably not genuine.

Latest posts

Back