Hi I'm new-thinking of getting back into it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davejustdave

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm dave, in Cornwall. Just found the forum..

I'm looking at getting back into hair...

Might sound a bit odd when you hear my tale.

I'm a 37 year old fella, I've been a mechanic since leaving school, although I've always had a huge interest in hairdressing.

When I was 23 I did an evening class in hair, obviously this wasn't a full apprenticeship but certainly gave me enough knowledge to cut my family's hair, in fact my kids, now 9&11 have never been in a salon! Actually, there's only me that has to pay!!

Now I'm really really bored of cars, all I really want to do is cut hair!! Am I mad??

Why is that mad? Lots of people feel like youthat's why there is so many hairdressers lol

Don't think the pay is as good lol x

Really? You've obviously never seen mechanics wages!!

Hi all, I'm dave, in Cornwall. Just found the forum..

I'm looking at getting back into hair...

Might sound a bit odd when you hear my tale.

I'm a 37 year old fella, I've been a mechanic since leaving school, although I've always had a huge interest in hairdressing.

When I was 23 I did an evening class in hair, obviously this wasn't a full apprenticeship but certainly gave me enough knowledge to cut my family's hair, in fact my kids, now 9&11 have never been in a salon! Actually, there's only me that has to pay!!

Now I'm really really bored of cars, all I really want to do is cut hair!! Am I mad??

No worries.......we're ALL MAD you know....:p:p:eek::eek:o_Oo_O

I trained in nails when I was 37 - it's a great age to change career!!

The thing is, if you adore what you do - it never feels like you're really working!

About the same then, I was earning 7.80ph as a senior tech at an Audi dealer..

Latest posts

Back