Hi lift tints

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twixabix

Reaction score
I posted s question last week about a new client who wanted me to colour her hair with hi lift even though she has been having reactions to the product. So I did a skin test one with Loreal hi lift and one with just a level 10 as she has tint on the hairline as that is white. The reaction to tint was nothing but the reaction to the high lift was bad I saw it today after 3/4 days and she had a scab where it had been. She still really wants me to do something with the colour can anyone give me any suggestions. I did wonder if maybe doing the back with a 10 plus something and 30 vol . I am still a bit concerned but she has said she will sign a disclaimer. She is also a friend of another client who has told me she would trust her.

If she has reacted to the color you should not proceed any service in hair coloring. It is well dangerous and not worth risking here life for vanity. Also no matter what she signs you if something serious happens you are the one to blame for as you executed the service. I wouldn't risk it.

Disclaimers aren't valid in English law so if you've seen a reaction to the highlift tint, you can't go ahead, otherwise you will invalidate your insurance.

Just google 'reaction to hair colour' and show her some of the extreme examples of people having a bad reaction to tint, if she needs convincing it's a bad idea.

Whatever you do, DON'T DO IT. If she suffered an extreme reaction, regardless of insurance claims, you would feel really awful about the whole situation and you wouldn't want it on your conscience.

I know it's so difficult to no what to do I would rather not do it. I am going to sleep on it.

A level 10 has the least amount of dye molecules so it may be that she didn't react to it in the first place. However if you mix any other shade with it, you are adding additional pigment to it and she could suffer from life threatening swelling of her head/ or anything else. This is no fun.

You could try to skin test her with wella innoscense and see if she can tolerate it.

Disclaimers aren't valid in English law so if you've seen a reaction to the highlift tint, you can't go ahead, otherwise you will invalidate your insurance.

Just google 'reaction to hair colour' and show her some of the extreme examples of people having a bad reaction to tint, if she needs convincing it's a bad idea.

Whatever you do, DON'T DO IT. If she suffered an extreme reaction, regardless of insurance claims, you would feel really awful about the whole situation and you wouldn't want it on your conscience.
Your right I will call her tomorrow. Thanks

Maybe try an organic colour like Herb Color? I haven't had a lot of experience with it as a high lift though but the range is great for those who react to regular tints. Be warned though, the consistency is bizarre/watery

And also, test it first obviously. Reactions tend to get worse so I wouldn't touch her hair with what you've tested thus far

Latest posts

Back