hi need some advice splitting nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazzzy

Reaction score
hi
thank-you to all the help everyone has given me. but in need of some more help please.
my nail application has been going great but on the last set of nails i done when finished all was good,but a few days later the client noticed that on the inside of the false tip there is splitting lines going from the free edge downwards, which has made the false nail tip break of easily
can anyone help me with this at all
cheers

When you dehydrate (using scrubfresh or similar) the natural nail, if you get it on the tip it can make it split or crack. Could this be the problem?

hi no i make sure that it goes no where near there,thank you for that i will make double sure just in case
cheers
carole

Just a stab..

Is it possible youre working a little wet and the shrinkage is too much for the tip to handle? Are you blending them too thin and the pressure (from typing, tapping, etc.) is causing the plastic to crack?

Do you pinch your nails? Maybe too much pinching...? HTH

There is a good reason why this happens sometimes.

It is when the client puts the nail in her mouth and exerts downwards pressure with her teeth. :rolleyes: This causes splitting lines and eventually causes cracks from the free edge downwards just like you've said.

And of course they never admit to it.

Just a thought. hth xx

If the client is analyzing her nails like this..i would think she could be a picker/fiddler:irked: So i do agree blossom is on the money.
With formation tips i had this problem that was evident to me before the client left..which after reading moopies reply has got me thinking..but wasnt evident with any other tip that i use.
I would be basing my conclusion on other clients nails..ie if others dont have this problem..and you are using the same tips, then i would say she is to blame..the bad,naughty client.:lol:
Is she "one of those" who like to point out the teeniest bit of lift to you..while trying to prise it further? I would like to stab those clients in the eye with my brush
icon_evil.gif

Do not let yourself get sucked into free repairs..i cant count the number of times i see other peoples clients having a good old pick while out and about.
When my clients arrive, half of them i can see through my stained glass door having a last minute pick.
Dont let them fool you.:)

hi
thank you all in the help and advice you have written it is really helpful i will keep an eye on my client to see if it keeps happening

does she have flat natural nails...?

hi no she has good nail beds with a nice curve.

Latest posts

Back