Hi, new here. Advice urgently needed - eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rio2011

Reaction score
Hi, there. I hope you can help me. Started a new salon with another beautician who has let us down badly. I've got to do single lash extensions for Xmas and don't know which ones are best and most popular. Can you give me advice whether Marvel lash or glam lash etc is best or is there another. I also need advice on glue and to find threads. Can't seem to do it. New to site and help is urgently needed and much appreciated. Thanks :confused:

Use the 'Search' button and type in Lashes. So many threads out there. Marvel lashes aren't rated that much but there's many brands! Novalash, flirties, Lash emporium. I trained with Lash perfect and there glue is just right for me, it's not too slow drying and not too fast as I am very new to lashes! You'll find any brand is great it's just the practice you put into it after the training. Good luck x

Are you qualified in Semi Permanent Lashes? If not I would definitely not attempt this yourself, it is far more difficult than it looks and so much can go wrong. It would be better to cancel altogether. Maybe I have misunderstood you and I apologise if I have.

If you have trained then you would probably be better sticking with the brand you were trained with for now. :wink2:

Are you qualified in Semi Permanent Lashes? If not I would definitely not attempt this yourself, it is far more difficult than it looks and so much can go wrong. It would be better to cancel altogether. Maybe I have misunderstood you and I apologise if I have.

If you have trained then you would probably be better sticking with the brand you were trained with for now. :wink2:

You took the words right out of my mouth!

If you are not trained and have to cancel the clients, just do it as soon as possible, explain your situation and as a good will gesture, you could offer a voucher for 10% off of one of your other treatments xx

Thanks for everyone's advice. I miss worded it, sorry. It's not my salon, I've been taken on freelance and explained before I started that I don't do semi-permanent lashes but flare lashes (3 day). The owner even suggested I cut off the bulb from them to make individuals and practice on the other girls (hairdressers!). I went down to advertise in local suppliers. So FED UP!! It's a lovely salon but they won't listen to me. They didn't even offer to pay for a course. I know how difficult individuals are and am really not happy about this. Don't know what to do - thinking maybe it's time to jump ship if I'm not getting the support. Very sad, as it's a lovely salon and the girls are lovely. They even suggested that you can learn anything from you tube! We are professionals!!! I take pride in my work. It's just so difficult to find full-time employment at mo

it will be impossible for you to charge anyone before christmas, it will take at least 6-8 weeks of every day practice with a mentor to even get ok and you don't want to give your salon a bad name for doing bad lash extensions. i am sure your salon owner will understand, and if not i think you might be in the wrong place. Enjoy your course i am always here to help you if i can xx

it will be impossible for you to charge anyone before christmas, it will take at least 6-8 weeks of every day practice with a mentor to even get ok and you don't want to give your salon a bad name for doing bad lash extensions. i am sure your salon owner will understand, and if not i think you might be in the wrong place. Enjoy your course i am always here to help you if i can xx

I told them I would need to do a set a day at least for practice. I'm going to leave it and let them sort it out. I'm good at what i already do and would never compromise my integrity, reputation and welfare of clients. x

You are being extremely sensible my darling, not only would you not be experienced enough, you would not be insured and would be liable if anything went wrong. Just tell them that you cannot do this as you would not be insured and are not prepared to take the risk and that you are sure they would agree. If they don't like it then you may have to walk, which would be a shame, but if things went wrong it would be even worse! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back