Hi there, any advice on minx most popular designs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

makeup4brides

Reaction score
Hi girlies,
(THIS IS QUITE A LONG MESSAGE FOR MINX EXPERTS, SO YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE A CUP OF TEA FIRST. :lol:
I have decided that i want to do minx nails as im currently a makeup artist and lash tech, so wanted to add another service to my company. Thankfully i have a private teacher who will train me who is highly qualified in minx since it came to the UK (She was trained in America) and has her own salon locally to me. So,.... I needed to buy some products. This is what I have purchased so far..
new pack 20 sheet each being...
1x sheet of Gold lightning
1x sheet of Gold studs
1x sheet of the new Burgandy
1x sheet of silver lightning
1x sheet of Naja (looks quite bridal, white and gold swirls)
1x sheet of cheetah (black and gold version)
1x pale pink paisley.
1X hoof stick and crystal nail file)
I x infra red lamp
IS THE ABOVE SELECTION an ok choice to START with? Also is it worth getting the New Minx Twizzers ( WHICH ARE £25.00 ON EBAY) or will any very good nail sissors do the job well enough? also when i get MY toes minx'd the lady adds a touch of glue to the tip of the nail. What glue do i need please.
I have purcahsed all my minx foils on ebay from a highly reccm seller, where they are all authentic minx sheets not copies or cheaper brand products. They cost me on average £11.00 per sheet of 20 of the new style packs one size. If i was to eventually charge £20.00 for minx toes how much is the profit im making roughly does anyone know. Big hugs to anyone who can work that out as i dont have a clue at the moment how many nails i will be able to do with one full sheet. is it just the obvious being 2 sets of clients toes or one clients fingers and toes per sheet? Sorry to sound dim. lol
Also, I know my minx lady applies the minx sideways left to right, but do most people apply it this way or apply cuticle first and stretch up to the free edge? what is the easiest application in your expert opinion? Also the wattage on my infra red lamp is 150 watts is that oK? Last question.. sorry :lol: but how many times did it take you to do a perfect full set of minx toes. Do you think 10 guinea pigs on friends and family should be ok? I know everyone is individual but wanted a rough average estimate on your experiences.
Would love everyones advice on my thread. Big hugs to you all.xxx

if you want to run a proper business with minx IMO ebay is NOT the place to buy stock , and a local tech is probably not the place to train!

sweet squared are the official distribution for minx in the UK.
they also run the education for it witch is quite often FREE !
they

minx is a professional product sellers who sell it to Joe public over e bay are doing the industry a disservice , and professionals who buy from there are supporting them!

Sweet squared will be able to tell you the most popular designs

this will have educators in your area , give them a call and have a chat :) here is a link MINX

Last edited:
hi hun, your selection is fine but i would state when they take a booking that is all you have and you can get a certain design in if they prefer.i find, zebra and sailor one quite popular too. i charge £22.50 for toes and £20.00 for fingers or £22.50 on fingers with a uv top coat. there is no need to seal the edges with glue if it is genuine minx, i used to do this with trendys but never done with minx on toe. on hands i apply a uv top coat for extended wear but again not totally necessary, they will last for 7 days on hands without it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are not supposed to talk product prices on the forums .

Hi, just wondering do you have any manicure/ nails qualification ? Would you be covered by insurance if not??

If you have qualified in mani & pedi then you can buy your genuine Minx at wholesale price and from the authorised distributor, Sweet Squared 08452106060 .. Just ring to register.

You are supposedly a professional so why would you pay double the normal cost of Minx to obtain them? You Can get all the training support and pro advice you need from Sweet Squared.

One can only assume you are not qualified in the area you should be if you are going to the likes of flea bay (otherwise why would anyone do such a silly thing?) And if that is the case, then no one here on this site is going to give you application lessons. Normally I would offer to send you a Minx training video link for free as an S2 customer ... But no support is given to the flea bay crowd.

Seriously ring Sweet Squared and book the Minx training course. I did mine yesterday had a great time at the St Helens academy, met some lovely ladies who I intend to keep in touch with. I cant say prices but course is VERY (absolute bargain in fact) reasonably priced plus if you have the relevant qualification you can buy all your Minx products from sweetsquared at a MUCH nicer price than Ebay :D

If u ring sweet squared they will tell u the most popular designs xxx

Well said Jackie. Professional training in any product is key x

I know your thread has turned around a bit and now it's all about training and not ordering professional products from ebay, but this is being discussed for your own sake. :hug:

Minx is fairly easy to apply, but you would still need to know how to do a Manicure and a Pedicure before you can do it (as well as being insured for it) and you would need to be able to recognise nail diseases and disorders, which believe me, you will come across more than you think, especially when working with Feet.

As the others have said and I agree wholeheartedly, ebay is a complete rip off and they charge WAY over what us professionals would pay for Minx, so your profit would not be the same as ours.

Adding Minx to your list of services is a great idea, but you want to do things the right way when it's your business, so I would contact Sweet Squared and look into their courses.

Thankyou so much for those who have been so helpfull giving ur advice. Some people like geeg need to get off their high horse. Thankyou so much for sweet squared training. I did manicures ans pedicures when i was training at college but that was when i left school 23 yrs ago, so would obviously update and refresh that course before i paid for training with sweet squared. Thanks again for ur help, sorry, didnt know i couldnt ask about prices etc. X

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Thankyou so much for those who have been so helpfull giving ur advice. Some people like geeg need to get off their high horse. Thankyou so much for sweet squared training. I did manicures ans pedicures when i was training at college but that was when i left school 23 yrs ago, so would obviously update and refresh that course before i paid for training with sweet squared. Thanks again for ur help, sorry, didnt know i couldnt ask about prices etc. X

GEEG has erned her place at the top or on her high horse! how rude ?

The best advice I can give to you right now is to back up, edit your post and apologize.
It WOULD be the smartest thing that you could do.

GEEG has earned her place at the top or on her high horse! how rude ?

The best advice I can give to you right now is to back up, edit your post and apologize.
It WOULD be the smartest thing that you could do.

Er, yes OP, very wise words which would be best adhered to! :eek:

Hi,
I don't do Minx but have found with Shellac that Sweet Squared have been very supportive.

It appears from your profile that you are new to the site but if you had read through the info pages you would have realised that we are not supposed to mention prices on forums.

In addition a lot of what you have asked could have been found out easily using the search facility.

This site was set up and is run by Samuel Sweet of Sweet Squared - it doesn't take very long to figure that out - and it doesn't take too much searching and reading of profiles to realise that Geeg is related to Sam - I think if you are going to tell Geeg to get off her high horse you had better move damn fast so that you are not underneath her or the aforementioned horse!!!

People like Sam and Geeg have worked their backsides off to earn the respect they have on this forum and whilst Geeg may be a little abrupt sometimes, she is also very quick to dish out praise where it's warranted too.

Good luck, if you are buying products for professional use from ebay and relying on tips instead of proper training, you will need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I think if you are going to tell Geeg to get off her high horse you had better move damn fast so that you are not underneath her or the aforementioned horse!!!
People like Sam and Geeg have worked their backsides off to earn the respect they have on this forum and whilst Geeg may be a little abrupt sometimes, she is also very quick to dish out praise where it's warranted too.
Good luck, if you are buying products for professional use from ebay and relying on tips instead of proper training, you will need it.

Well said!
Geeg/Gigi has more experience in her pinkie (and knowledge) than most have in their heads.
She is "THE Queen of Nails" and responsible for the beautiful nails showcased in the CND Solar Oil Campaign, and authoress of "Nailclass'
images
nailclass-by-gigi-rouse-43-p.jpg

"Professionals" don't take kindly to those that support "Flea-bay" and NSS and garage-nailtechs (those the eschew courses to learn on their own :rolleyes:)

So if she seems abrupt, it's out of her respect for her chosen industry, her hard-working peers and her own Professionalism. She's the lioness protecting her cubs.

She is the mentor of countless Nail Techs, and responsible for inspiring many more.

Soooooo while it may appear to you that she is on her high horse........ if that were truly the case; she wouldn't be loved by so many, nor such a strong support for many others.

Why go to eBay if you have your manicure & pedicure qualification?

To the OP - In fairness to those who have replied, in your original post you didn't say anything about being qualified in man or ped, or about doing a refresher, and what with buying your minx off ebay and being shown how to do it by a local tech...well, that kind of thing is never going to go down well on here. But being new, I guess you weren't to know that...but you do now! I hope you will take the advice you have been given and hang around:D

poor lass only asked a question give her a break guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back