Hiatal hernia and GERD

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazmo

Reaction score
Hi all. After 7 weeks of nausea pain and other issues I recently had a camera down to my stomach. I've been diagnosed with a Hiatus hernia and gerd. I have to admit I'm struggling so much with the changes I have to make. Tiny meals, making sure I have my last meal early and what I can eat and drink. If anyone else has any helpful hints or recipes it would be great. I'm fed up of bland and boring. Even drink wise I'm struggling skimmed milk and caffine set it off so tea and coffee are a no go at the minute. I'm on a high dose of medication for 6 weeks then it will be lowered and I will be on it long term.
Sorry for the long post and rambling.
Thanks in advance for and help anyone can offer.

Oh hun, i feel for you as I could currently write this post pretty much word for word!

Ive not yet had it confirmed but there is definatly something wrong with my tum & its looking like I will face a simular diagnosis. My appointment is on Friday.

Ive been living on 'safe' foods- chicken, jacket potatoes, porridge & scrambed egg & broccoli or mushrooms. What have you been eating?

Im so sick of bland foods too but anything remotly savory/spicy leaves me in agony & im scared to try anything else! Ive switched to fruit/herbal tea. (Mind you, thats trial and error as some of the stronger ones are a no-go!) could you try herbal tea for a bit of a change?

Ive been eating off a childs plate, If I load up my plate (or if my other half cooks) I eat too much (no self control!)

I wish i had more advice hun, but just wanted you to know your mot alone! If you need a rant or want to bounce any ideas off someone, feel free to message me xx((hugs))

So far like you chicken and vegtables and basic bland low fat low spice foods. I do keep slipping still i had a sausage roll on Sunday and paid the price, but is annoying I love food lol. I've just started trying redbush tea which is caffine free and you can have it without milk so hoping that's going to work as a hot drink for me.

Try giving up wheat and gluten for the next few weeks. I'm almost GERD free since I gave up all grains.

Best of luck and I hope you feel better, soon! :)

I love food too :( i do wonder if thats part of the cause of mine!

Ive been having some odd combinations- scrambled egg & fried mushrooms (done in frylight seem to be ok) or steamed brocolli & i had a hankering for a banana in mashed potato the other day. Id just like to be able to eat normally again!

I bought decaffinated Tetley the other day, but am not too keen tbh.

Have the docs given you any advice on foods? I had a google (like you do!) but ended up with an even bigger list of food im scared to eat! Have they mentioned if you can be refered to a nutritionalist or anything? Xx

Not seen the doctors again yet. The consultant just said what it was and I was given a leaflet to read. If I'm honest though it wasn't very informative lol.

I will try stopping the wheat and gluten for a while. Hopefully if it's helped you Deanosnana it may work.

Thanks for the advice so far.

Latest posts

Back