Hidden salon - out of town

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmazz

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you work from a salon thats not on a high street?

I am in a salon which has very little footfall but fantastic parking and I know when people know were here it will be a blast.

Anyone else in the same boat or could offer any advice on marketing? we are doing all we can think of, social media, great website etc

Thanks in advance:biggrin:

I used to work in a salon in an out of the way part of town occupied mainly by the elderly, and people had to book weeks in advance to secure an appointment with the boss and other stylist that were already established, I joined after them being there for a few years so I don't know much about how they built it up but I do know they held a grand opening, inviting people in, drinks and nibbles that sorta thing to create a buzz! They do a lot of Facebook promotion (on the bosses personal page), I think the main thing though was that they were both so talented and experienced people would recommend them left right and centre!

I would suggest leaflet drops, a Facebook page, opening day/evening, a loyalty/referral scheme with a small discount for recommending friends.

Hope this helps xxx

I'm in a salon not on the high street and we have fab parking too, I just do fb, twitter, Instagram a website, flyers & posters in the local shops

Hopefully Squidgernetball will be along soon - this is definitely the sort of premises in which she has a successful business.

Myself and laurensparkles work in a salon which is not on a high street and tucked away.
So i did a lot of leaflets and we do loads of stuff in social media every day to get people's interest and it works :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hopefully Squidgernetball will be along soon - this is definitely the sort of premises in which she has a successful business.

Thanks for that!

Yes we are in a barn on the edge of a very small village. I have worked locally for a long time and have built my clientele over many years, which has definitely helped.

We have an A board at the top of the road, we leaflet drop really regularly. We do Facebook and have a great website which sits (usually) at the top of Google when you search the local town for beauty salons! I support lots of local charities with vouchers and advertise in all the village mags etc. I also advertise in a local magazine that gets delivered free through so many local doors. It's really expensive, but my first ad generated 19 new clients.

We advertise, advertise advertise over and over again, and we still have clients who don't know we're here.

However.....our clients love our location and our free parking. We also have excellent disabled access so have promoted that as well. Our barn is big and spacious and nothing like most beauty salons.

Good luck, and any questions, please ask.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back