High lift colour, which is the best

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip-94

Reaction score
** pre warning story time i like to give full detail so grab a cuppa and get comfy**

Hello hair geeks its been years since i have been on here and forgot my log in hence the new account its good to be back.

Right so my question in a nutshell is about high lifts for myself (i am a thick level 7 with slight warmth )which one lifts the most and is the coolest. Iv dabbled with most colour brands but the main ones im looking at are wella , goldwell and wunderbar (new at salon services how exciting).i trained with wella then the salon i was in changed to goldwell. The salon im in now uses framesi but wont be using that. Which do people prefer out of said brands and with goldwell if i was to add blonding cream ash can i use it for on scalp

Quick history with my hair as i previously said im a level 7 thick curly texture a complete pain to blend when cutting, i was colouring my hair jet black/blue black for years i recently decided i wanted a change so did 2 colour removers which took me to an array of level 4 5 and 6 red/orange and then wella blondor with 6% and olaplex at this point my hair was longer on top iv now got a crop i did this to cut off the darker ends due to colour build up so my ends were a level 7 lovely and orange while the root area with less colour build up was like a 8/9, i applied wella ct 7/86 and 8/81 with 1.9 (at this point i had it cut) i should have stopped here for a bit like i tell my clients to do when they are on a hair journey but because im stupid and impatient when it comes to my own hair a week after this i applied schwarzkopf blondme with 6% and olaplex , iv used blondme years ago and hated it makes my hair feel even more like a pan scrubber than it normally does, but because other hairdressers rave about it and with the new built in bonder (even though i added olaplex) i thought id try it and guess what shock horror i have breakage theres one place looks like iv gone ham with my thinning scissors so i will be leaving it to grow out , my hair is 2 inches on top and grows like a weed so will grow back soon. Im wanting to try a high lift tint next time , i know it wont be as light as bleach but want to try see what its like so after writing a novel what are peoples favourite highlifts

** pre warning story time i like to give full detail so grab a cuppa and get comfy**

Hello hair geeks its been years since i have been on here and forgot my log in hence the new account its good to be back.

Right so my question in a nutshell is about high lifts for myself (i am a thick level 7 with slight warmth )which one lifts the most and is the coolest. Iv dabbled with most colour brands but the main ones im looking at are wella , goldwell and wunderbar (new at salon services how exciting).i trained with wella then the salon i was in changed to goldwell. The salon im in now uses framesi but wont be using that. Which do people prefer out of said brands and with goldwell if i was to add blonding cream ash can i use it for on scalp

Quick history with my hair as i previously said im a level 7 thick curly texture a complete pain to blend when cutting, i was colouring my hair jet black/blue black for years i recently decided i wanted a change so did 2 colour removers which took me to an array of level 4 5 and 6 red/orange and then wella blondor with 6% and olaplex at this point my hair was longer on top iv now got a crop i did this to cut off the darker ends due to colour build up so my ends were a level 7 lovely and orange while the root area with less colour build up was like a 8/9, i applied wella ct 7/86 and 8/81 with 1.9 (at this point i had it cut) i should have stopped here for a bit like i tell my clients to do when they are on a hair journey but because im stupid and impatient when it comes to my own hair a week after this i applied schwarzkopf blondme with 6% and olaplex , iv used blondme years ago and hated it makes my hair feel even more like a pan scrubber than it normally does, but because other hairdressers rave about it and with the new built in bonder (even though i added olaplex) i thought id try it and guess what shock horror i have breakage theres one place looks like iv gone ham with my thinning scissors so i will be leaving it to grow out , my hair is 2 inches on top and grows like a weed so will grow back soon. Im wanting to try a high lift tint next time , i know it wont be as light as bleach but want to try see what its like so after writing a novel what are peoples favourite highlifts
Wella koleston perfect 12/81 + 12/89.
Any particular reason you won't be using framesi? I'm intrigued...

il be doing myself as i hate having my colour done at work , i get impatient and the wholesalers doesnt stock framesi also i slightly prefer other brands
Wella koleston perfect 12/81 + 12/89.
Any particular reason you won't be using framesi? I'm intrigued...

I don’t enjoy the new ME+ highlifts, I find them too runny, especially when they start to swell :(

I usually use koleston but prefer majirel for their highlight blondes, much less warmth.

I usually use koleston but prefer majirel for their highlight blondes, much less warmth.

How do you find Majirel in terms of condition/damage? I’m thinking of trying it. Matrix has reformulated theirs and the lift isn’t good now (less ammonia).

I have never had any issues regarding the condition of the hair. I usually use this product using traditional foils on long hair and it has always been very reliable.

Latest posts

Back