High lift on salt and pepper grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilk87

Reaction score
Hey geeks got a client who has more salt then pepper grey hair. We usually bleach and tone but she don't want me to use bleach. Would a high lift work on the grey?

Yep. Providing she wasn't mega dark before she went grey.

Hey geeks got a client who has more salt then pepper grey hair. We usually bleach and tone but she don't want me to use bleach. Would a high lift work on the grey?

What's her natural base? I prefer bleach and tone hilites and tinted ashy l/l on this type of hair! Hi lift would maybe subtley tone the white but may go yellow on natural base depending on the depth. Why doesn't she want bleach? :)

What's her natural base? I prefer bleach and tone hilites and tinted ashy l/l on this type of hair! Hi lift would maybe subtley tone the white but may go yellow on natural base depending on the depth. Why doesn't she want bleach? :)

She's around a 6 but she has been having bleach for a long time. She was a new client when I last bleached and toned her hair and I mentioned about having a high lift as it wouldn't be as damaging. But I don't want to put a highlift on and it to tone the grey a very ashy colour lol

She's around a 6 but she has been having bleach for a long time. She was a new client when I last bleached and toned her hair and I mentioned about having a high lift as it wouldn't be as damaging. But I don't want to put a highlift on and it to tone the grey a very ashy colour lol

What colour/ tone does she want to achieve? IMO bleach with a low oxidant and tone is no more damaging than hilift. :)

What colour/ tone does she want to achieve? IMO bleach with a low oxidant and tone is no more damaging than hilift. :)

She wants it light as poss so prob 12/89

She wants it light as poss so prob 12/89

Wella isn't my string point!! What tones a /89? Are you h/l or is it a global app? :)

Pearl cendre, global app

As I say I don't know wella, but I would think it would be warmer on the natural base and too ashy on white? Also her regrowth probably wouldn't match her grown out p/l and tone. If she was insistent in not having the pl and tone I would probably consider a global tint with some bleach h/l to break it up. ;)

As I say I don't know wella, but I would think it would be warmer on the natural base and too ashy on white? Also her regrowth probably wouldn't match her grown out p/l and tone. If she was insistent in not having the pl and tone I would probably consider a global tint with some bleach h/l to break it up. ;)

I was thinking of doing bleach h/l to break up a global tint. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks

I was thinking of doing bleach h/l to break up a global tint. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks

Hope it turns out well, sure it will! :)

Latest posts

Back