High lift over high lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules79

Reaction score
I used high lift on virgin black hair level 2/3. I got it to nice brown which she liked. Now she wants to go lighter all over. Can I use high lift again or will I have bleach it? Can high lift make previously lifted hair lighter?

What highlift product are you using on a level 2?

Which highlift? Level and tone.
Can you explain why you decided to use a highlift in the first place instead of bleach?

What’s the first rule in hairdressing? Tint won’t lift tint.

Which highlift? Level and tone.
Can you explain why you decided to use a highlift in the first place instead of bleach?

What’s the first rule in hairdressing? Tint won’t lift tint.

Yeah i know that rule ‍♀️but I thought since it was hair that was lightened I could use high lift again to lighten it more..
I didn’t use bleach because the client had never colored her hair and was afraid of the damage from bleach. I used a 5/1

I didn’t use bleach because the client had never colored her hair and was afraid of the damage from bleach.

You are the professional and you have a great opportunity here to educate your client during your consultation.

What do you think is in a highlift tint that makes it lift more than normal tint ??

Bleach with a low vol developer is always going to work better and be less damaging than a highlift tint with 40 vol.

Latest posts

Back