High lift tint to reduce damage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unicornstars

Reaction score
I am doing a clients hair and she does not want permanent colour or bleach. She is 60% white grey and the rest is a yellowish colour on the ends. I don’t think our water supply helps. She has used various toners but she wants to lighten up to get an even colour. She has three shades darker mousey grey then white grey then her yellow tones on the ends. I suggest foil work to cover most of the yellow with a high lift tint as it isn’t as harsh as bleach but with olaplex? Is there any other suggestions anyone has? Her hair is in good condition but on the thinner side.

Highlift tint is permanent colour and can be just as damaging if not more so than bleach if misused. I'd rather use bleach with a low developer (1.9% to 6%) than use a high ammonia tint with 12%.

I think there’s this mad bleach scare as if you'll end up with broken or extremely damaged hair from using bleach once when we know as professionals that just isn't the case. You are the hairdresser... You decide what products to use!

Highlift tint is permanent colour and can be just as damaging if not more so than bleach if misused. I'd rather use bleach with a low developer (1.9% to 6%) than use a high ammonia tint with 12%.

I think thered this mad bleach scare as if you'll end up with broken or extremely damaged hair from using bleach once when we know as professionals that just isn't the case. You are the hairdresser... You decide what products to use!
I second what @cassies97 said. I'd be using Bleach and 3% on your darker mousey areas, and bleach and 1.9% on the yellow already processed ends. Use Olaplex in your formula and then tone also using Olaplex in your formula.

Latest posts

Back