High lift tint yes or no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraa1981

Reaction score
My client is a level 5 and I have been doing bleach & 20vol on scalp bleach. Her mids and ends were stripped from artifical colour which has has really dryed her hair out . Now were happy to be a look like a 8.32 colour.
Question is. Would a 8.1 tint with 40 vol achieve this? Or do I need ti use a high lift tint?? or Would I still involve bleaching it?

For a true tone I would still bleach and tone. I think a tint would go brassy and 40vol will damage her hair more :)

Damit. I was hoping that maybe we could get away with it. Would I still need to lift to yellow and then should I tone down with 8 and a tinny bit of 8.3 ? I did explained that her roots wont be that bad as were only use 20vol and with cuts each taking all the old colour out it will be in not too bad condition. She does do treatments in her hair weekly.

I think I would lift to a pale yellow and tone done with an 8.32

You should be able to get a 5 to an 8/9 with highlift tint ! Saves you having to bleach and tone ! Leave it on roots and see how it develops ( cool to counteract yellow ) if it looks like the mids / ends are a bit lighter , tone them down with a quasi in the last 15 mins of development

You should be able to get a 5 to an 8/9 with highlift tint ! Saves you having to bleach and tone ! Leave it on roots and see how it develops ( cool to counteract yellow ) if it looks like the mids / ends are a bit lighter , tone them down with a quasi in the last 15 mins of development

Why would you do this?
You'd need to use the highlift with 12% to get any sort of lift and the amount of colour pigment in a highlift is too weak to tone anything darker than a level 10 very pale yellow. Plus, if you're going to have to use a quasi afterwards, how is that saving time?

Bleach and 6% will be a lot less damaging to the hair and then you can choose the correct toner to use depending on where it's lifted to.

Profit wise, assuming you only use high quality bleach products, it's still makes more sense to choose bleach over a highlift tint.

In my opinion highlift and 12% is no more damaging than bleach and 6% on virgin hair . As only 3 levels lift required. The quasi would be applied at the same time in the last 15 mins of processing to the ends . Which as is a single process is more time saving

But 40vol is going to blast the cuticle open and she'll be left with a very brassy colour that she will need to tone anyway

Not if she used wella . 12/81 . It will have some warmth I agree . But I think she was after 8/32 . Which is warm , a bit of /81 mixtone would help

Latest posts

Back