High lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah797

Reaction score
I have a client with previously bleached h/l which is a lovely ash colour and it holds the colour really well. She is naturally a base 8 and I was thinking of switching to high lift tint. Do you think 12/89 would lift as well or shall I stick to the bleach? Also If I use wella 12/89 for the highlights would I be able to use 7/18 with pastel to root shadow or will it go khaki? I haven’t used 7/18 before so a bit scared especially over the top of high-lift/bleach.

Thank you!

Highlift will never be as bright or clean as bleach. You could do both to give some dimension though.

If shes naturally an 8 then I would use an 8 to shadow, something like 8/71 or 8/97 would be nice.

Great thank you

Highlift will never be as bright or clean as bleach. You could do both to give some dimension though.

If shes naturally an 8 then I would use an 8 to shadow, something like 8/71 or 8/97 would be nice.
8/71 is one of my favourites!

Same, I love all the /71s for lowlights and shadows they're so natural.
It looks quite warm on the Koleston App, I’m guessing like all the swatches it isn’t true to colour

It looks quite warm on the Koleston App, I’m guessing like all the swatches it isn’t true to colour
No its gorgeous, especially over prelightened and un-prepigmented hair as you won't have much warmth it'll go nice and natural looking. Same for all the /71 and /97 shades!

Lovely I will try it. I am new to wella colours :)

Lovely I will try it. I am new to wella colours :)
Let me know if you need any help I've got lots of resources and stuff[emoji4]

Thank you that’s so kind! If you have any you think may help a newbie I would be grateful

Thank you that’s so kind! If you have any you think may help a newbie I would be grateful
Of course, send me your email and I'll send them to you tomorrow as they're all on my computer!

Me again.. 8/71 in colour touch or Koleston for a root shadow? I have both and have seen it done with either or but what is your preference?

Me again.. 8/71 in colour touch or Koleston for a root shadow? I have both and have seen it done with either or but what is your preference?
Colour touch!

Latest posts

Back