high lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vixen100

Reaction score
Is a high lift tint much less damaging than bleach?

I have only bleach highlights on top and there is quite a build up of colour. my roots are a medium to light brown. I am sick of always having to get roots done and i din't really want to keep coouring my hair because of the damage.

What are my options as groing it out is a definite no!

I have had an all over darker colour before but it really does not suit me.

Is it possible to just put a low lights, which match my natural colour, through the part that is already highlighted and growing ot. Without touching my natural roots that are coming through. So that growing it out is more bearable.

I am going to have my hair done on friday and will obviously ask my hairdresser but just wanted to know my options beforehand!

yes it is possible , but it will still need touching up , you could have less colour put in or more natural shades, but on top of blonde hair it will fade and of course you cant stop hair from growing! hopefully the result will be softer and more natural and the roots wont need touching up as often .

ok thanks how about instead if having my roots highlighted with bleach, how about if I have them highlighted with a high lift or would you see a major colour difference between the roots and mid to ends. That way i cut out the bleach all together and just have high lift from now on.

is high lift less damaging , thanks for your help

the only highlift u cud get really wud be 12/0 and the first time they wud have to take it right throo to the ends and then tone it out, then the colour will match after the inital highlift u will only need the roots done, but IMO u have to get the lengths done too jus to blend it all in x

hi lift is less damaging ,and softer ,but it does come up more golden even with an ash colour . it wont match ,but should blendin quite well .

hi lift wont colour the ends ,all it would do is tone them if they are bleached ,personally if you are having an ash hi lift i definately wouldnt take it through if you have a build up of bleached hair- you would have gold roots and bright /icy ends and youll be doing damage overlap even with 12/0 id only take it through on dark or orangy bits

ok so if i had a high lift ash on the roots and it still didint match up would a toner help to match roots with ends. Thanks for all your help

if u want all the same colour then yes it will defo have to be toned. . why dont u jus get some soft blondes in to break it up like alternate them, i had someone in a similar situation and put in some warm 10 based shades that lifted the dark and toned the ends to the same colour, so that u can keep most of the bleach bits where they wud only have to touch up the roots but it wud be less solid looking? x

i will all blend anyway ,but to be sure id have a mix of hilift bleach and a natural warm shade to blend with your own hair .

Latest posts

Back