High Street Tanning Lotions - Help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Ok, ok I know this is tooooootally unrelated to nails but I'm fed up! I can't afford to get one of these brilliant fake tans where you stand and get sprayed on which would be ideal. I'm soooooo pale and was just wanting to give my legs a teensy weensy sun kissed look (at the moment they resemble plucked chicken, not nice!) and tried a high street self tanning lotion which claims it doesn't streak! I did all the necessary prep but have now got extremely streaky dirty looking legs:cry:

I'm right fed up as I am so embarrassed about the colour of my legs that I have to cover them up in the summer but despartely want to wear shorter skirts.

so... my question is can anyone out there recommend a high street tanning lotion that doesn't streak and is subtle enough for my poor dead looking legs!?

Hi
I would thoroughly recommend St. Tropez. You could have a one off salon treatment to see how to do it first and pick up some tips, but if not you can buy it at Boots. They sell large bottles of the body polisher, tanner and moisturiser or alternatively I think they sell a pack of all three products.

Try it, it's brill!

Mmmm, I've heard lots of good things about St Tropez but didn't realise you could buy it over the counter.... I don't want anything dark just a warm glow...... do they do different shades?

Definately St Tropez it's a good one. I'm really pale and tried loads of fake tans over the last couple of years and eventually tried St Tropez at the tale end of last year and I'm converted.

Buy a trial size from Boots just now and see how it goes. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

I just recently bought the step 3 off the internet which was only £17.99 from a website called tights please.

Once you know what your doing all you really need is the step 3 as you can use other exfoliators and moisturisers.

Best of Luck

Thanks... thats really useful. I've seen loads of fake tans and they always look really dark and as I only want to do my legs at this point I thought it would look a bit stupid if my legs were dark and everywhere was lilly white!

Boots here I come!

Have to agree St Tropez is the best. Ive tried all brands over the years and have had streaky orange skin on a number of occasions :sad:
But st tropez looks natural and never leaves streak on me. Its worth the £18-20, just to save on embrassing streaks from the cheaper brands.

Hi

I use St.Tropex in my home based salon and it works for me. The colour is very natural and quite subltle for our pale British skins. Some clients come back for a top up the next day if they feel it's not dark enough so I wouldn't worry about it being too dark for you.
I would suggest that you go and have a salon treatment then if you like it then you can DIY.
Make sure that you exfoliate all over and moisturise very dry areas lightly before you apply, otherwise if you have any dry patches it can look darker in these areas.

My friend uses Fake Bake and says that it is easier than St.Tropez to apply.
I havn't tried it though.
Hope this helps
Jane

Asda now also sell st tropez!!!!

hi i am as white as ghost(not kidding) and i use the st tropez and find it to be really good, i ahve heard some people say that fake bake is good as well ,hope this

I recommend Fake Bake but thats cos i use it on my clients. Its really easy to use. Make sure you exfoliate before hand, they do a lovely peach and papaya scrub. Most people make the mistake of putting it on really thick and leaving it to dry. The secret is to rub it in until you are left with a bronzed glow, it should not still be "wet" to touch. Leave for six hours and shower of the colour guide.

Most places charge around £20 for a retail bottle. It is not available in boots etc you will need to get it from a beauty salon or some large department stores stock it.

They also sell Fake Bake in Aston & Fincher if you have one near you and you have a card.

I`ve tried several tans on the market before settling with St. Tropez and have been using it now for 3 years.
It doesn`t streak, doesn`t go orange and will only tan to your own colouring so won`t look too dark for anyone.
As long as you follow the instructions completely you shouldn`t have too much trouble with it but obviously until you have some experience with it you`re going to be better of with a professional doing it for you and you can just have your legs done

Thanks guys for all your comments, I thought for a minute there I was doomed to wear long skirts and trousers all summer!!:eek: I'm going to investigate my local area to see how much a first salon tan would be and then see if I can try topping up myself. I'll let you know how I get on lol:D

Why not try the new Avon spray tan the bottle is about the adverage size of all the others, good value for monye, i like it because it sprays up side down to get the hard to reach areas like the back of your legs, but you probable have got the St. Tropez by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back