High vs. Low End Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybee83

Reaction score
Hiya Geeks

i did do a search on high vs. low end gels, but nothing of any use, so i figured i'd post.

So, does anyone know about the high end gels vs. low end? i was reading a tutorial that mentioned high end gels do not follow the same "rules" necessarly as the low end. I was having serious problems with IBD, switched to Brisa and have not been having the same issues! i suspect BRisa is a high end gel and IBD a low end. Any thoughts would be appreciated :D

this is a good thread, unfortunately i don't know the answer but i am hoping someone will....calling all gel users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI

I think price wise they are about the same around the middle of the range. Price wise this is roughly my take:

Top end: LCN , Biosculpture, Calgel
Middle: Brisa, IBD, NSI
Low end: star nails, own label brands

This is only price wise you understand i am not saying any of those brands are any better or worse.

Sometimes price doesn't reflect performance!

I use calgel and it is expensive,as is bio i would think this is really just because they havent a lot of competition as yet in the soak off gel market.Ive just started with it but i like it a lot compared to the hard gel i used previously which was low end.

HI

I think price wise they are about the same around the middle of the range. Price wise this is roughly my take:

Top end: LCN , Biosculpture, Calgel
Middle: Brisa, IBD, NSI
Low end: star nails, own label brands

This is only price wise you understand i am not saying any of those brands are any better or worse.

Sometimes price doesn't reflect performance!
I would agree withyou here

High end or low end depends on the Technology behind it....What I would call a high end gel is a Gel that has been researched and developed by a Nail Company.. they have spend mega bucks on researching, trying and testing it......tweaking it untill they are perfecty happy with their developed brand.....

A low end one would be a generic one for me..... one that has been brought from a mass producer in vats or the like and then is decanted, relabled and sold on by more than one Nail Distributor....it can still be a good gel, just the Technology behind it may be a bit dated and not tweaked...
JMHO

I would have to say that En Vogue gels are very high end and one of the few gels that are made by its own Company. They have been tried and tested and perfected - 14 years and better than ever. Now with 3 new pinks - I have tried all gels and this is my personal preference.

Brisa is a gel that uses brand new patented technology and is very different. It is a hypoallergenic gel and contains none of the known allergens contained in most other gels (no formaldehyde, gluteraldehyde or acrylates). There are 2 pages of questions and answers here on the site, all relating to Creative Brisa Gels if you want to look at them. http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/4115-brisa-gels-q.html and there is another page also in the same section.

Having said that, I would not class IBD as a low end product but also a high end well-known brand. It is a very successful company with good training ethics and products that work very well for very many.

I am a Creative Brisa user and it does everything for me that I want. I do not want or like soak off gels personally ... I never have much call for anyone wanting their nails removed so the 'soak off' thing is not an issue and I prefer a stronger longer-lasting gel like Brisa Gels. Glad you are getting on so well with Brisa and that it is working well for you and your clients.

Having said that, I would not class IBD as a low end product but also a high end well-known brand. It is a very successful company with good training ethics and products that work very well for very many.

I had read a tutorial here about high and low end gel, the author did not go into the way high end gels work, but did state that high end gels do follow different rules than the low end and that was what i was curious about.

I just suspected that ibd may be a low end gel because of the differences between ibd and brisa ( in my opinion), to me they are very different from pretty much every angle. I find the brisa easier to sculpt, i find the gel gides easier and smoother and the finished result is a better shape, strength and durability w/o as much work as i had to put into ibd for a similar result. These were the reasons for my thinking that ibd may be a low end gel, not because of anything to do with the company's success, ethics or training and i just wanted to let you know that :)

I used to use Brisa, liked it alot, but now I use Akzentz because it has more gels to offer. As far as "rules" no matter which product you choose, you should read all instuctions and follow the steps required for that particular line. Some may require a bonding gel, while others like Brisa will require a primer and have bonding in the gel itself. Akzentz offers a wide range of gels, from soak-off options, one componant trilite, two componant gels that require bonding and natural, etc... For me each client is different. They have different nails, lifestyles, etc. I like to customize my application with products that work best for each client. The more familiar you become with a product, the easier it will be.

As far as "rules" no matter which product you choose, you should read all instuctions and follow the steps required for that particular line.
I don't actually agree, sorry... I believe that to get the best from a product the technician needs to take a class in how to achieve the best results with their chosen product... especially gels as there are lots of different techniques used by the various brands, from stringing the gel to painting it like an enamel, from teasing the gel into place to layering the gel to build a nail... those techniques are best learnt in a classroom environment.

Latest posts

Back