Highlift better than bleach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I have always used bleach with 3 or 6% to lighten my hair. I don't want to use bleach anymore and last used a highlift tint with 9%. Will this make a massive difference to the condition? I like to be very blonde, I am only a base of an 8. What would you say will be the most gentlest (dunno if that's a word! Lol) way of lifting it? Wouldn't a 10 be enough to lift my colour a few shades? (I'm not the most confident doing blondes) x

Hi geeks, I have always used bleach with 3 or 6% to lighten my hair. I don't want to use bleach anymore and last used a highlift tint with 9%. Will this make a massive difference to the condition? I like to be very blonde, I am only a base of an 8. What would you say will be the most gentlest (dunno if that's a word! Lol) way of lifting it? Wouldn't a 10 be enough to lift my colour a few shades? (I'm not the most confident doing blondes) x

Hi lifts are normally with a higher peroxide (i use majiblonde so made for 30 & 40vol) so ive always found bleach better on my hair as i have 20vol with it.
Plus hilifts are more golden next to bleach. Depends what kind of blonde you want. Xx

I used to like a white blonde but I'm happy to have a nice natural golden blonde now, similar to this
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390392316.905397.jpg
This is me atm ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390392339.640329.jpg

I could even go with a 9 and tone the ends.

I'm more focused on getting my hair in really good condition again.

I used to like a white blonde but I'm happy to have a nice natural golden blonde now, similar to this
View attachment 53524
This is me atm View attachment 53525

I could even go with a 9 and tone the ends.

I'm more focused on getting my hair in really good condition again.

I think the 9 would be nice and tone ends. Colour looks good though xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I feel when my hair gets to light it looses shine and body x

Hi lifts are normally with a higher peroxide (i use majiblonde so made for 30 & 40vol) so ive always found bleach better on my hair as i have 20vol with it.
Plus hilifts are more golden next to bleach. Depends what kind of blonde you want. Xx

That's what I thought, with bleach I only use 10 vol but with highlift I use 30 vol so I wasn't sure what was actually better for me x

Any other opinions on what would be better? Bleach with low peroxide or highlift with high peroxide? X

10/69 and 9/60 with 6% in illumina. and you have no roots!!! Give it a chance to grow out lol.

10/69 and 9/60 with 6% in illumina. and you have no roots!!! Give it a chance to grow out lol.

I know, I'm not gonna colour it yet! Just getting ideas for when it needs doing lol I don't colour my hair as much as I used to! (I'm being good) Lol x

Babychops I've been considering the same thing for my daughters hair, I've always used bleach for her highlights, but have also used 901s with 12%, both come out nice! but I just wonder which is best for condition!! X

I'm getting the ombré bug again! Lol x

I used to have bleach highlights & pastel, my hair is very fine & was suffering even though the bleach was on 20mins tops. I now use matrix ul+a 12% & it's in much better condition. I had root glow 1st time I did it, but now it's fine. I'm prob a base 9 now x

I decided to do an 8gb on my roots and stretch it down (ombre) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390566172.803417.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390566187.686040.jpg

Will get in much better condition using a semi on roots each time x

I went a little darker, looks nice inside but it's quite warm in the daylight! Lol does it look ok or to warm? Feels too warm! Bloody hair! Lol
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390656306.179188.jpg

It's lovely x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? It's to too warm? It's even warmer when I'm outside! :-( Lol x

I went a little darker, looks nice inside but it's quite warm in the daylight! Lol does it look ok or to warm? Feels too warm! Bloody hair! Lol
View attachment 53747

It looks almost like you have natural strawberry blonde hair. I like it!

You were really light before so I guess after a few washes it will start to fade a bit...

Latest posts

Back