highlift or bleach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandita8601

Mandita
Reaction score
I've recently qualified in hairdressing and starting out on my own. I have a return client who had a full head bleach and now wants roots done. What would you do? bleach roots only or use a highlift tint? I'm just thinking it might be a bit kinder to her hair if i used a tint. She's base 6 or 7. I toned last time with colour fresh 8/81. she was very pleased with colour but says her hair is quite frizzy. any advice would be very welcome. Thanks x

anyone have any thoughts?

If your toning with 8/81 why not use a tint close to that? Otherwise your wasting your time bleaching then toning back to an 8/81 personally

So do you think a 12/81 would be fine? She likes the tone of the colour last time but as you say was thinking it would save time using a highlift tint. I don't know of any wella colours that match the colorfresh one i used to tone last time. I'm just wondering if the highlift would lift enough?

Using bleach on low peroxide will be kinder than using a high lift on 40vol! If you get good results with bleach I wouldn't mess too much as you are newly qualified and are doing it mobile!! It's easier to take a risk in a salon when you have all the products available to fix mistakes!! Xx

I agree, use bleach with a low volume developer. Using a hilift color with 40 volume would be just as damaging if not more then bleaching it. you could even just do some heavy foils with bleach through the crown and around the face to mask the regrowth. Also, you have to remember, with bleach it's okay to use a low volume developer if your only retouching, because the heat from the scalp is going to make it process faster.

Thanks everyone. I used bleach and 20vol and it turned out great!

Latest posts

Back