Highlight help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leebz80

Reaction score
I am recently qualified level 2 hairdresser. Can anyone give me some advice on highlights please?
Is there a way to highlight without leaving a ‘line’ where the weaved highlight starts.
Please see pic attached for ref.
I don’t want to do a shadow root. I want my highlights for this client as blonde as possible. I used bleach. It’s not bled, but there is a definite line where the highlight starts. :(

Attachments

• 9DA16534-8C8F-4B4F-AE9A-109E1D6C563D.jpeg
    9DA16534-8C8F-4B4F-AE9A-109E1D6C563D.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 47
I am recently qualified level 2 hairdresser. Can anyone give me some advice on highlights please?
Is there a way to highlight without leaving a ‘line’ where the weaved highlight starts.
Please see pic attached for ref.
I don’t want to do a shadow root. I want my highlights for this client as blonde as possible. I used bleach. It’s not bled, but there is a definite line where the highlight starts. :(
Your sections need to be a lot finer and closer together. When you weave your section, make sure you're not weaving too deep into the section, just skim the surface of the section with a weaving action, this will allow the foil to sit closer to the root. Also make sure you're applying the bleach mixture close enough at the top of the foil.

Also be careful not to overlap previous bleach, over processed hair will be very weak and prone to breakage.
Remember that lifting to a white blonde is achieved by toners and not by over bleaching.
Finer sections and saturation is key for a clean blonde x

Agree with above, much finer sections, and try to get the foil in as close to the scalp as possible, I find it easier to put in with my hands rather than folding it over the comb but find what works for you. Feather the product as you get towards the root as bleach will expand as it develops and heats up in the foil.

Also, take your time, don't rush. If it takes 3 hours to get the foils in then so be it (as long as you wash off the developed foils that is). I can hand on heart admit it genuinely used to take me 3-4 hours to get a full head of foils in (and probably would now as its been so long since I've done a set[emoji23]) because I would take such fine sections.

Thank you everyone for your advice. Will have a little practice on a training head tonight I think! X

Latest posts

Back