Highlighted auburn to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solohair

Reaction score
I have a client who has beautiful natural auburn hair with bleach highlights. It s gorgeous, however she hates her natural colour and wants to go all over blonde. I did a test cutting of her natural hair colour (base 7) with Wella Koleston 9/1 and 9% and its hardly lifted, also the bleached highlights turn a horrible muddy colour which I did expect to be honest. Any suggestions on lifting her natural colour without sending the highlights a horrible colour? She wants a nice ash blonde but just not sure this is achievable.

Realistically, I don't think you're gonna get it without bleach/tone.

Thank you! Thats what I am thinking too! She has very very long hair and its very fine so think bleach would leave it in very poor condition. She does not like having it cut regularly either which doesnt help.

Sounds like you're at a bit of a stale mate!

Any way to simply keep adding a few foils every visit? Or you could do balayage highlights to non foiled pieces.

If she doesn't need it perfect right away, you could definitely give her a schedule to how it would look over a few visits. Maybe she could/would understand slower is often better.

Yes, I have suggested that we do it in stages and just add loads of highlights to build it up but she has just got it in her head she wants a tint all over. Typical 17 year old who thinks anything is possible!! and she hates her natural colour and just wants rid of all traces of it. Personally I think its beautiful and people pay money to have hair her colour!! :)

Latest posts

Back