Highlighted to dark brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyNerds

Reaction score
Hi,
Im from the nail/beauty side and just had a quick question about my hair although I am aware you may be not be able to answer it but here goes anyway:

Iv got a full head of highlights in which I was wanting to look like Jennifer Anistons eventually, iv got a fab hairdresser and shes done a fantastic job. My problem is I can't afford to get it done anymore, my full time hours are getting less and less in my "bank staff" job and any money I do have goes into the business. Anyway my question is if I was to go darker by puttung a box dye on with me going on holiday .next sat 28th will the sun bring through the blonde underneath? If that makes sense.

Sorry if I just asked a stupid question but I haven't got a clue.
Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,
Im from the nail/beauty side and just had a quick question about my hair although I am aware you may be not be able to answer it but here goes anyway:

Iv got a full head of highlights in which I was wanting to look like Jennifer Anistons eventually, iv got a fab hairdresser and shes done a fantastic job. My problem is I can't afford to get it done anymore, my full time hours are getting less and less in my "bank staff" job and any money I do have goes into the business. Anyway my question is if I was to go darker by puttung a box dye on with me going on holiday .next sat 28th will the sun bring through the blonde underneath? If that makes sense.

Sorry if I just asked a stupid question but I haven't got a clue.
Thanks x

Hello! Personally, I would never use a box colour for something like this...If the blonde was to come through you would find it coming through as a very kihaki green colour. Before you put your brown on, I would suggest pre-pigmenting with a semi permanent red. Hope I helped!

Hello! Personally, I would never use a box colour for something like this...If the blonde was to come through you would find it coming through as a very kihaki green colour. Before you put your brown on, I would suggest pre-pigmenting with a semi permanent red. Hope I helped!

You cannot advise a non professional how to colour their hair!

OP you would need to go to a salon. Don't use box colours on yourself. You wouldn't advise un-trained members of the public on how to do their own nails as they can't afford to go to a nail salon. Its the same for hair.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was simply asking if it would come through I wasn't asking for a process as I wouldn't do that.
I think you will find a lot of people use box colours and will ask for help sometimes.
You didnt need to leave a comment if you didnt agree. Like I stated above "I don't know if you can answer this"
Rudeness!

Thank you, really appreciate the reply. I won't touch my hair, I will just have to save up and get it done properly. Thanks again =) xx

I was simply asking if it would come through I wasn't asking for a process as I wouldn't do that.
I think you will find a lot of people use box colours and will ask for help sometimes.
You didnt need to leave a comment if you didnt agree. Like I stated above "I don't know if you can answer this"
Rudeness!

I didn't see any rude comments in my reply to you. No hairdresser will ever advise you on a box colour regardless of whether you have asked a process or not. Box colours are not professional products so why would you ask something like that on a professional hairdressing part of Salon Geek and not expect to be told we can't advise you?

I was not rude. I simply advised you, you would not get advice and it would be the same as a non trained person asking about nails or beauty. If you see anything rude in that reply then that's you reading it the wrong way.

I wasn't expecting anybody to agree or disagree if you actually read my question im asking if the blonde would show through because of the sun. If you didn't like my post you didn't have to comment. If somebody wrote a post which I didn't agree with I wouldn't say anything.

I wasn't expecting anybody to agree or disagree if you actually read my question im asking if the blonde would show through because of the sun. If you didn't like my post you didn't have to comment. If somebody wrote a post which I didn't agree with I wouldn't say anything.

But you are asking hairdressers whether your blond would show through a box colour. I advised you to go to a salon so it could be done professionally so you wouldn't have to worry about your blond showing through in the sun. I didn't state that I did not like your comment. I advised you as a hairdresser to not use a box dye and to see professional assistance. Don't see the rudeness or problem with that.

Hi, asking if your 'blonde will show through' when you have applied an 'unknown' box dye to your hair is a bit of a silly question, who knows what they put in those box dyes?? as professionals we are trained with professional hair colours and frequently have to correct 'box dyes' as the results are very unpredictable. Nails was just trying to give you the heads up on asking about these colours, i don't think she meant to be rude. If you can't afford the upkeep of your desired result then maybe ask your hairdresser for some advise with regard to a cheaper option?

Have you read the sticky post "im not a hair stylist but..." posted by admin in the hope that it would stop posts like yours.
If money is tight go and model at a local salon/college

just me ;)

Latest posts

Back