Highlighting Henna

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunflower46

Reaction score
Hi , just interested in some opinions /advice please. Had a new lady today who has been using henna for 3/4 years on shoulder length hair . She also said she used nice & easy in February. Roots are approx 1 inch & 60 - 70% grey. She wants to gradually blend grey with highlights . Took a strand test & applied bleach & 9% 40 mins (no heat ). Lifted to about base 8 , orange roots & very strange colour mids & ends ,quite ash ,almost a tinge of green . Still strong on elasticity test though , no breakage. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I'm tempted to just say its not possible to achieve what she wants.

Hi , just interested in some opinions /advice please. Had a new lady today who has been using henna for 3/4 years on shoulder length hair . She also said she used nice & easy in February. Roots are approx 1 inch & 60 - 70% grey. She wants to gradually blend grey with highlights . Took a strand test & applied bleach & 9% 40 mins (no heat ). Lifted to about base 8 , orange roots & very strange colour mids & ends ,quite ash ,almost a tinge of green . Still strong on elasticity test though , no breakage. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I'm tempted to just say its not possible to achieve what she wants.
Applying developer over Henna is risky!
Especially with bleach.
Your best bet is to use a chelating shampoo on her regularly and possibly try and maintain a reasonable colour with a direct die for now. Monitor the hair over a few weeks and see how much you can remove.

Thank you , I agree.

Latest posts

Back