Highlighting sectioning & technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benji89

Reaction score
Hello, I am just wondering if anyone can help with highlighting section patterns. I feel that I am taking too long putting in foil highlights and that I’m putting in way more foil than I possibly need to. I have been trying to look online for some sectioning techniques that give you better results and using less foil but haven’t been successful . Normally do about 8 sections 2 front sides, Mohawk, then 3 sections at the back and 2 in the nape. Please help, thanks.

Hello, I am just wondering if anyone can help with highlighting section patterns. I feel that I am taking too long putting in foil highlights and that I’m putting in way more foil than I possibly need to. I have been trying to look online for some sectioning techniques that give you better results and using less foil but haven’t been successful . Normally do about 8 sections 2 front sides, Mohawk, then 3 sections at the back and 2 in the nape. Please help, thanks.
The sectioning and amount of foils you put it should differ from client to client depending on the desired result. Which should also then be reflected in the price.

The sectioning and amount of foils you put it should differ from client to client depending on the desired result. Which should also then be reflected in the price.

Hi thanks I understand that however my question was more for information on different placement techniques thanks

Have you tried the myhairdressers.com website at all? x

How long have you been qualified? If not long, don't worry you'll get faster.

I personally do 2 section on the top, 2 at the sides on a diagonal with the hairline and just follow that all the way back, then 2 in nape or one straight across.

Either google or try Pinterest and search Foil Placement Techniques.

Latest posts

Back