Highlights after bleach bath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gel3101

Reaction score
I had a client come in today for a consultation. about 6 weeks ago she put a dark brown box colour on her hair and hated it because her grey roots came through too quickly. she the went to her salon and they bleach bathed it. she now has come to me and asked if I can put a full head of highlights in. I have taken a test cutting to see if it will take bleach with 20vol as I don't think anything else will lift it. any advice. Thanks in advance.

More info please. :)

Whats the condition like?
How did the strand test go?
What's her natural base and current colour?
What do you want to achieve?
What brands are you familiar with?

Hi, the porosity and elasticity isn't too bad. I haven't done the test cutting yet.
Her natural is about a 7 with 70% grey and an inch of regrowth.
Her current colour varies from 8/9 with very copper tones. Quite patchy.
Familiar with loreal.
She would like to be quite blonde, a 10 upwards.

Have done the strand test now and it hasn't lifted at all. Used bleach with 20vol.

How long did you leave the bleach on for? Can you post a pic?
If you can see copper tones it seems more likely that the base is actually between a 5-7 and perhaps only up to an 8 in a few places rather than overall 8-9?

I'd usually reach for a colour reducer as my first option rather than bleach especially when removing box dyes. Clients invariably pile them on repeatedly and saturate the hair so it can take some shifting.

10 is the highest level and palest yellow blonde so I think you need to make it clear in your consultation that it's going to be a work in progress going from dark brown box dye to lightest blonde.

Latest posts

Back