Highlights and Base Color at the same time help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MariEsco211

Reaction score
Hi all I’m a nube at most of hair coloring stuff I’ve seen some stylist do both highlights and base color at the same time. However how do I achieve this when the highlights need a little heat to lift. Do I have to do separate steps at this point? I tried achieving this on a natural level 4 but the heat ended up lifting my base to light and I had to go back and correct 😢 steps suggestions anything is appreciated!!!

Hi all I’m a nube at most of hair coloring stuff I’ve seen some stylist do both highlights and base color at the same time. However how do I achieve this when the highlights need a little heat to lift. Do I have to do separate steps at this point? I tried achieving this on a natural level 4 but the heat ended up lifting my base to light and I had to go back and correct 😢 steps suggestions anything is appreciated!!!
Why do you need heat for the highlights to lift?

I often use hear on bleached highlights and a base tint. All it does is speeds things up. Maybe the foils bled into the tint?

I often use hear on bleached highlights and a base tint. All it does is speeds things up. Maybe the foils bled into the tint?
Thanks for responding! Yes. I’m not too sure what happened but she was under a hood dryer I’m not sure if it was too much heat in one area because it only lightened up the base too much on the crown area…what developer do you use when doing both at the same time

Thanks for responding! Yes. I’m not too sure what happened but she was under a hood dryer I’m not sure if it was too much heat in one area because it only lightened up the base too much on the crown area…what developer do you use when doing both at the same time
I usually use 6% in both tint and bleach. After putting the bleach most of the way up I tend to just stroke a bit on each individual highlight. Then if it bleeds it only lightens the individual highlight. No dreaded lines.

Latest posts

Back