Highlights look rough any ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essentia

Reaction score
Hi I am a skin geek and I do have a hairdressing certificate but too long ago to be of any use now! I have naturally auburn hair and have foil highlights - 2 colours bleach and tint. I recently had a half head and it looked terrible. Bleach looked like it bled and was very white + stripey and the contrast with my natural colour looked cheap, it also broke off. I have had this many times before but it just looked naff and suddenly not right. I have put a semi over the top close to my natural colour but looks too dark for my skin tone. Question is when can I have more highlights done and is there a high lift tint which can lift my hair - I just want to look golden coloured not bleach white!

Thanks for your help guys.

As the hair is broken and overprocessed I would not have anymore bleach put in to the hair. I would recomend that you use a professional shampoo, conditioner and hair mask. Also a heat protector. I know this doesnt answer the question but white and broken is not good. I would go to a hairdresser to get them to assess the damage but leave it a few weeks to let the hair recover.Hope this helps xx also regular trims to take off any dry ends..xxxxx

Last edited:
hiya
i agree, if the condition is bad i wouldnt put anymore bleach on it. without seeing your hair its hard to say if theres a tint that can lift it, but possibly a highlift tint may get it to a golden blonde. and im guessing the hairstylist probably used 12% with the bleach, you could have pastel which lifts as much but takes longer................
but would have to c your hair!! x

Hi Thanks for your replies. I managed to get to a salon in town today and they think that they can do something with it. The condition of my hair was good beforehand and they recommended some highlift tints.

Thanks again:)

hi- lift tint wont lift the semi you have put over the top unless its quite a light one . Personally ,id leave it because if you have alot of build up of bleach ,then the colour will fade and the hi-light come back through a little by the time your roots need doing ,then you can have it done all at once ,and it will be easier for the next hairdresser to see what shes dealing with . Also , sun ,swimming and a strong shampoo like vosene or timotoe will help the colour fade more quickly . Please do not re-hilite your hair ,even with a hi-lift tint because if it looked bad before ,well its not goimg to make it any better . hope this helps

Latest posts

Back