Hindsite

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leelee

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted much here, but thought I would share my news. I am starting a course in January in Chester using NSI. I have been doing a lot of research trying to prepare but am wondering, when looking back on your own training, what would you suggest in order to be more prepared. I would like to get as much as I can from my course. I am starting out with a foundation course L&P.

thank you for your comments.

Lea

The best thing to do is to go in with an open mind and no preconceived ideas of what it should be like.

Enjoy your course.

I think that just being on this site reading the threads you'll be pretty well prepared. I read Doug Schoons book "nail structure and product chemistry" before my course and I feel like it got me ahead theory-wise at least.

welcome to the site leelee...i sgree with fiona...just lwatch and learn and dont be afriad to ask questions...even if you think they are silly because , those questions are not ...

have a good time xx

And know that Rome wasn't built in a day!

Enhancement application looks much easier than it really is, but with some great education under your belt and some time practising - it will be :)

Have fun and welcome to a very cool industry :D

I think that just being on this site reading the threads you'll be pretty well prepared. I read Doug Schoons book "nail structure and product chemistry" before my course and I feel like it got me ahead theory-wise at least.
Dougs book is a must! Nice suggestion!

Welcome to the site.

When i started my nail course i was naive i thought oooohh doing nails is gonna be easy! When i did my first L&P i nearly cried! I did not realise how much goes into being a nail technician, totally my fault, i didnt research enough before course. But as i wanted this as a career i worked hard and practiced harder. It is a brilliant profession and i am enjoying it completely. So you are already on the right track, By researching and reading before your course it will prepare you for it, so well done.
The only advice i will give is to carry on with what you are doing, research and reading.

Good luck, xx :hug:

Thanks everyone!! I'll let you all know how it goes.

Lea

If I could give anyone the benefit of my hindsight, it would be this:

Know that this will be a long and gradual process, and that you will not become a competent tech overnight, but dont be disheartened, just keep going. Also, do not underestimate the importance of the theoretical side of things. I know some ladies on my course thought they only needed to know these things in order to pass the exam, but they really are important to know in the working world.
And last but not least, enjoy it! Nails are fun (I think so anyway), but if you make them a chore and beat yourself up over your mistakes you will be reluctant to continue. Take mistakes in your stride, laugh them off, then try again the next day. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your course :green:

Latest posts

Back