Hiring a therapist to work with me at home, whilst I have baby

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Hi everyone, ive been self employed and sucessfull for 3 years now and getting stronger and stronger. Ive decided it might be the right time to have a baby, obviously thats where you worry about loosing clients.
A family member has trained in holistics and i hoping i can get her to come into my home salon and pay me some rent or percentage. She can use my clients base, room, towels bed etc, great for her as i dont do what she does.
I was hoping to train her to my level in some easier treatments (obviously she pays for training) and whilst pregnant and a new mum she can take over where she can. I worry though working with family, and what if she doesnt want to do beauty at all or i really bad at it.

Im just to nervous to have a stranger come in, im worried she could ruin my business and steal my clients. I would only let someone work for me if they work to my standard, so id have to train her up to my level teach her my tricks and how to please my clients, to some people out there thats an open invitation to take my wonderfull business off me.

I just need to keep my clients there and the money coming in whilst im unable to work all hours. I do like the idea of having someone work with me, have had this idea a while as i already have a child id like to spend more time with and i dont want my lovely room wasting away.

Obviously i was thinking they need to be self employed.

Any help and advice will help me decide what to too. x

Have you spoken to her about it? She might be really up for it and want to help out any way she can. I think that if you're considering something like this, the best thing to do is to talk to them.

I'd say they'd have to be self-employed because it's more stress for you otherwise.

It also gives her experience and if she needs any advice or help you're there, like a 1-1 training.

Yeah, its got more chance of going well if its a family member.
What if its not though, thats scary. Hoping to hear from people who were a 1 woman band and then got someone else in.

Latest posts

Back