Hiring staff for beauty salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DioneJones

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I wonder if anyone can give any advice/tips on how to seek for technicians for your salon? We have been open since July but at the moment are struggling to attract any techs to work for us. All 3 of us knew each other before we opened the place so we knew we will have a small little team to start. But I was hoping we will be able to attract someone with experience doing lashes & nails for us. I have placed ads on fb and other social platforms but to be fair we did not had much response. I do understand that we havent been open long so there is not much word around about us hence people are reluctant to risk working at new salons. We offered both % based on earnings and simple rental options.

So I was really hoping anyone can give some little advice on the things we can try xx

Thank you in advance x

How much is your rental option and percentage split?
Is it competitive with other local salons?

Another way is to google lashes and nails in your area, to see who your likely contenders might be; then contact any likely techs directly - by email, their Facebook page, messenger or whatever.

But also ensure your offering is well written and enticing. Add why they should come to you. The fact that it’s the 3 of you is quite a draw I can imagine.
Sell the area you’re in, or the amount of passing trade. The fact you’re open to flexible terms that can be tweeted to suit them.

Invite then to come in to meet you, have a look at your salon and have a chat to see if it could work for them.

Just some ideas.

How much is your rental option and percentage split?
Is it competitive with other local salons?

Thank you for coming back to me :) I offered really flexible options such as 25% fee, where each girls would take 75% of their earnings, and would pay us 25% of the treatment price. I was also offering room rental options at £300per month.

I just have a feeling that it is really hard to attract staff to a newly opened place, unless you pay them a fixed salary, which is really hard if you do not have a well established client base...

Another way is to google lashes and nails in your area, to see who your likely contenders might be; then contact any likely techs directly - by email, their Facebook page, messenger or whatever.

But also ensure your offering is well written and enticing. Add why they should come to you. The fact that it’s the 3 of you is quite a draw I can imagine.
Sell the area you’re in, or the amount of passing trade. The fact you’re open to flexible terms that can be tweeted to suit them.

Invite then to come in to meet you, have a look at your salon and have a chat to see if it could work for them.

Just some ideas.

Thank you so much for these, I was just worried that it would be a fair practice writing to girls working in other salons directly, without contacting an owner first! But I will give it a go as well now :)

Thank you so much for these, I was just worried that it would be a fair practice writing to girls working in other salons directly, without contacting an owner first! But I will give it a go as well now :)
I was Actually thinking of people who are working from home for example rather than already in salons. But definitely worth trying both!

Latest posts

Back