History of Nail Enhancements..Can anybody help please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

del3

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to do a project of some kind for my salon, something interesting to put on the wall instead of the usual nail pics and posters.

A client gave me the idea today of making a collage or something similar on the history of Nail Enhancements. She reckons it would be a good idea to put it on the wall behind me so that clients could have something to focus on while I'm working.

I know acrylic was originated for dentisry (1930's I think) but I haven't been able to find anything else on the net.

Does any body have any ideas please....any books or sites that might be able to give me some information.

I would be gratefull for any information.

Thank you
xxx:hug:xxx

Last edited:
Anybody....pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeeeee

xxxxx:hug:xxxxx

Bit off topic but my educator has a poster all about nail growth for all the seasons and different fingers etc. I always read it when I was there. I don't know where it comes from - no help at all really :hug:

Hi, I am training at the moment and have a book called 'the complete nail technician' and in there it says as follows: the art of lengthening nails has been around for centuries, and in many cultures are a symbol of welth. Acient egyptians had shapes made from gold,bone or ivory that would attach to the ends of their fingers to indicate class and wealth. Far eastern cultures over the centuries displayed their social standing by growing their own nails to extreme lengths. The ability to grow nails or wear extended decorations on fingers is meant to show that the person does not do any manual work and has servants/slaves to attend to all their needs.............Hope this gives you a starter anyway to get you going.
hugs Dollysplodge xx

Thanks dollysplodge :hug: That's a start at least.
Can anybody else help please?

xx:hug:xx

Thank you G and Isabel :hug:.....I did do a search dunno how I missed that :o

If anybody has any other info I would be gratfull

Thanks

xxx:hug:xxx

I've looked through all my text books to see what I could find and there is nothing I'm afraid.

I'll look through my college file tomorrow at work and see if there is anything useful in there.

I'd be really interested to see your findings though, it's such a good project.

Good Luck

Del how are you getting on with the information, I hope the site I sent you was useful...

I'd like to know a bit more about this too, have you mailed any top geeks, they should be able to help abit more.

Champagne x

Heritage - CND
this might help del.....you know me lol!!
this gives you a bit to go on.......to go back further you have then got to look into porcelain nails.......good luck!!

I may be wrong here but i'm sure that Scratch did a history in one of their issues last year - but as i said i could be wrong!! Maybe PM Alex Fox - she'd know. x

Latest posts

Back