Hive digital heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeCee

Reaction score
Just done Kim's training (fab!!) and just started waxing and have the Hive dual heater, however, how do you know when it's reached the correct temperature? The red light doesn't seem to go out. I had Cristal Ocean at 68 in the 1000 ml pot but it didn't seem very fluid whereas the Euroblond in the 500 ml pot seemed really hot at 57.

Also, what do you all do if you want to switch wax? Do you have to decant every time or do you buy extra internal buckets (which are quite expensive and don't seem to have lids) or spare tins?

Thanks to the training I'm quite confident with regard to the actual waxing, but it's all the other bits and bobs you learn with experience so no doubt there will be more novice questions to follow!!!

Just done Kim's training (fab!!) and just started waxing and have the Hive dual heater, however, how do you know when it's reached the correct temperature? The red light doesn't seem to go out. I had Cristal Ocean at 68 in the 1000 ml pot but it didn't seem very fluid whereas the Euroblond in the 500 ml pot seemed really hot at 57.

Also, what do you all do if you want to switch wax? Do you have to decant every time or do you buy extra internal buckets (which are quite expensive and don't seem to have lids) or spare tins?

Thanks to the training I'm quite confident with regard to the actual waxing, but it's all the other bits and bobs you learn with experience so no doubt there will be more novice questions to follow!!!

I tend to use the 'HI' option, on my strip wax, which is a fast heat mode for 15 mins, then let the wax sit for about 30 mins to drop back to temperature. If you just melt the wax at the standard temperature without the high heat facility it can take a lot longer to melt.

At this time of year the temperatures can vary with the increase in room temperature etc so just have a play around with the temperature of the Euroblonde, I use mine at around 56 but some days it's up or down, just always check it to make sure it's okay to use. I always found the smaller bucket can get a little warmer in the double unit so just play around to get the right temperature.

You can buy empty tins that you can use for switching your wax around which works out cheaper than buying replacement wax buckets/inserts.

Hi Cee. I thought you told me the CO can fitted directly into the bucket? Mine does. That way you just take the can out and put a new one in.

You set your working temp and then press Hi. It will then drop to your working temp. x

Hi jack and Kim. Thanks for your replies.
Yes you're correct Kim, I can change the can easily in the 1000ml, it was the hot wax that is tipped directly into the pot that I was wondering how to change.

You just have to scrape it out and when it's still hot put some wax equipment cleaner in and use a strip to wipe the remainder out. Its a pain but once you've decided on a hot wax u like for a while you won't need to do it. X

Latest posts

Back