Hive digital lid cracking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle De Jour

Reaction score
Hi Geeks I've got 2 Hive digital heaters I've only had them a week and both kids are starting to crack they have defiantly not been miss used or dropped as its only me that uses them. The crack is hairline at the moment but should imagine they will get worse the more they are used :(( it looks as though it has started where the machine mouldings from manufacture are, has anyone else had this problem? I haven't used any solvents on them as they are brand spanking new, I checked instructions but no mention of hearing up without lid on??? Would kind of defeat the object of having a lid if u couldn't use it whilst the pot was warming to keep out dust ect :(

I know of a few people this has happened to including myself. Give them a call and they should replace them for you as you have just bought them.

Jack

It's happened to mines aswell actually but I've had mines over a year. I hope it doesn't crack because I need the lid to keep out dust etc. x

Thanks Jack I Will Do :) i have noticed from previous threads that you use the Hive Roller System would you mind letting me know what working temp on the dial you have it set at? i use both perron and the hive 85g cartridges in mine but it seems i have to have it up nearly full wack for them to be at a good working temp i just want to check i've not got a faulty one! (be just my luck :lol:)

Aw shame Lolly that yours is just out of grantee what a pain! I hope it doesn't get any worse :(

thanks guys for replying :biggrin:

Hi , sorry its not me that uses rollers. I only offer male waxing and find that they drag and pull on longer and more coarse hair (which a lot of guys have)so I only use a pot and spatula for all my waxing. I did have a roller cartridge when first started out but it was the Perron one so I have no experience of the Hive system and how the temperature range works.
Jack

I wonder if those that have cracking lids start the day in very cold rooms so when the wax pot goes on it goes from very cold to very hot in a short space of time which weakens the plastic.It might be better to remove lid while wax pot and room heats up.

Ah sorry Jack!

Hi Gillian my room is always a good temp never cold as I work from home treatment room so its the same as the rest of the house. I think I will start heating without the lid but kinda defeats the object of keeping dust ect out :( shame the lids seem to let these heaters down

Thanks Jack I Will Do :) i have noticed from previous threads that you use the Hive Roller System would you mind letting me know what working temp on the dial you have it set at? i use both perron and the hive 85g cartridges in mine but it seems i have to have it up nearly full wack for them to be at a good working temp i just want to check i've not got a faulty one! (be just my luck :lol:)

Aw shame Lolly that yours is just out of grantee what a pain! I hope it doesn't get any worse :(

thanks guys for replying :biggrin:

I know, it's a hairline crack just now but I hope it stays that way :)

Latest posts

Back