Hive roller wax need help!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deb32

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone can help me i use hive roller wax but i am finding that the roller head is sticking really bad and i dont know why? but it is hot enough.

thanks

Hi there I have been using this system for the past few months and I also had this problem. Somebody had suggested having 2 on the go at once otherwise they do seem to get clogged, this seems to have helped slightly.
I'm also getting a problem where by I don't feel it is removing all of the hair, sometimes there are still tiny bumps short hairs and I'm not sure if they were not long enough in the first place or if they are actually breaking on removal of wax, do you get this problem too?
I've never had it before with spatula wax and it is starting to put me off waxing. Clients aren't going to want to pay unless their legs are left silky smooth. Any ideas? Sorry for the long reply new to this website, still learning!:confused:

I swear by my roller wax as I'm mobile and liquid wax is not good in cars! I have mine turned right up cos the layer of wax you apply is very thin and has never been too hot when tested. Before applying onto client, I roll some wax onto a strip to ensure its coming through smoothly and its then fine throughout the treatment. HTH x

Hi there I have been using this system for the past few months and I also had this problem. Somebody had suggested having 2 on the go at once otherwise they do seem to get clogged, this seems to have helped slightly.
I'm also getting a problem where by I don't feel it is removing all of the hair, sometimes there are still tiny bumps short hairs and I'm not sure if they were not long enough in the first place or if they are actually breaking on removal of wax, do you get this problem too?
I've never had it before with spatula wax and it is starting to put me off waxing. Clients aren't going to want to pay unless their legs are left silky smooth. Any ideas? Sorry for the long reply new to this website, still learning!:confused:

hi hun, regarding the hairs breaking off, this could be down to the fact the wax is going on too thick or that you are not ripping the strip off at the correct angle.

For first time waxers to get a silky smooth finish they may need to have 2-3 waxes to get the hairs at the same point in the hair growth cycle.

HTH

xx:hug:xx

Thank u Hayley. I have been making a really big effort to pull the strip very quickly and very parallel, so think this is ok, it may be that like you say the wax is too thick as sometimes it does seem to come out quite thick from the roller, just need to practise, practise I guess.
I have just come back to the industry after a long break and so it hasn't done my confidence any good but I will keep trying. I think I may have to revert to spatula wax as I think you have more control, it's just a speed thing for me at the mo and I'm mobile so roller is more travel friendly. Thanks again : )

Squeeze it as you are rolling and it will be fine.

I use the PHd system and love it wouldn't go back to a wax pot and spatula sometimes o do find that after using the wax half way through a full leg the wax is harder to cone out just think it because the wax cooling down and not at it's hottest temperature

Thank u Hayley. I have been making a really big effort to pull the strip very quickly and very parallel, so think this is ok, it may be that like you say the wax is too thick as sometimes it does seem to come out quite thick from the roller, just need to practise, practise I guess.
I have just come back to the industry after a long break and so it hasn't done my confidence any good but I will keep trying. I think I may have to revert to spatula wax as I think you have more control, it's just a speed thing for me at the mo and I'm mobile so roller is more travel friendly. Thanks again : )

No worries :hug:

Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone can help me i use hive roller wax but i am finding that the roller head is sticking really bad and i dont know why? but it is hot enough.

thanks

Same here with the hive system. Is this a problem with other systems too, or is it down to the hive wax? I've given up using it as the wax comes out really thick even when I squeeze it and sometimes just refuses to roll and is uncomfortable. I use new rollers each time.

Sorry to crash this post but I also have a problem, it's not the head sticking it's gettting them completely clean after wards! Does anyone have any tips or advice? I use the wax cleaner and they seem clean when I have finished but when I go back to them loads more wax has come out, it gets to the point where I have to leave them on paper for days because of the leaking! If anyone has any tips I would be greatful! Thanks

Thanks for all your comments, i have rolled it on a wax strip first before appying on the client so the wax flows first and it worked well and when i finished i have wiped the heads with a wax strip coated in wax cleaner then i have soaked the heads over night and they have been fine the next day. thanks very much to all.
:hug:

I have been out waxing this evening and am still having problems now feel like it is just me as it seems you are having joy with it now. It's really disheartening! I will keep trying but may go back to pot and spatula no idea how I'm going to transport that though? Thanks for all your help though :cry:

I dont pour my wax into the pot, i keep it in the tub and insert that into the pot, and screw the lid back on it when I'm moving it around. Although I would like to know what causes this roller problem. Is it the wax thats rubbish?

Hello, i am personally not keen on the hive roller heads, i find it goes on too thick and get problems with wax collecting in the grooves. I find the clean and easy wax roller heads seem to work better for me, wax goes on even and thin and no problems with wax clogging or leaking from the heads. Also with regards to removal and hairs being left behind, maybe a change in the strips you use might be worth a shot, i have used some trips and find them dreadful, yet others brilliant, all trial and error. So don't be dishartened maybe make a few changes and see what works well for you.
Nicola x

Latest posts

Back