Hive solutions facial products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleL

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been searching for awhile now and can't really find the information im after, so i apologise if im using the 'search' incorrect and if this topic has been covered before...

My question is: who uses 'Hive' solution facial products? Are the products any good and are clients happy with the products and out-come? any other information about there skincare products would be aprpeciated.

Also... would it be odd to use 2 different companys products?

when i become qualifed in facial massage and skin care, im looking to go mobile but would like to use hive solutions or eve taylor products for the majority of my facial treatments but im very keen to also use karin herzog for more specific and luxury treatments.. do you think this is a good idea or should i just use one product range and stick to it? (im not talking about mixing products ranges but having the option to clients for either a facial using hive/or eve taylor products (which ever one i choice out of them 2) or the option to have a karin herzog facial)?

many thanks
Laura

Last edited:
Hi

In answer to your first question.

I don't personally use Hive, but used it at college. After seeing other brands later I think there are much better brands out there. Just my personal opinon. There is a therapist near me who uses Hive and she is very successful.

In answer to your second question.

I personally only use one brand, but I dont see anything wrong with using two independently. I know gabbi uses two (I think) Just make sure you dont take too much on and invest too much money to begin with. Some brands can want a substantial outlay.

HTH

Becki xx

Becki xxx

good advice from bexi there.

from what I can remember being discussed before, Hive is not so popular on geek, I think its the cheaper end of the market.

go to SEARCH and type in facials, their has been some fab discussion on this subject before, so rather than wait for people to answer this one, you can read through the discussions.

If you can afford to have 2 skincare ranges thats all well and good, but do you think that you will be able to pay out that outlay and is facials going to be that popular?

Eve Taylor is quite popular with geek, and its about £400 to set up, unless you pay the student start up pack for £90.

Karin Herzog is the higher end of the market, and I dread to think how much the start-up costs for it are. I would expect it to be over £2k but that is pure speculation and I apologise if its against geek commandments.

thanks very much for the replies... has helped and i think i'll take alook through previous posts and see if i can find some more information out.

I understand what you mean about taking on to much and start up costs, so i guess i'll have to do some more research into it.

Cheers
Lau x

i'd say you can use as many product ranges as you like but can you afford the product outlay?

you also need to think about how many people you get booking facials

i am afraid i've never used hive facial products, maybe contact them and see if you can get some samples

Hi i have used Hive products and i think they are lovley, alot of companies now have a minimum amount of say £500 on your first order, with hive you could just buy a few and see how u go. Hope this helps.:)

I thought I would try out the Hive facial range on my self for while and my skin was never worse!!! I literally put the whole lot in the bin:eek:.

That is just my own opinion and experience though as I'm sure there are others who like the products.:hug:

I have never used hive....are they from a wholesaler?

For more of a result and from a higher end,Karin Herzog is a serious problem solver,however the client will have no benefit whatsoever from just one treatment,as it is a cosmeceutical brand,and home care is extremely important and crucial in between treatments....but this is important with ANY brand IMO:)

I use 2 brands,and Academie is more dominant in my salon,but Karin Herzog i use mainly for problematic,congested skin....it is fantastic for this....but the results are longterm,and you must stress this to the client,it will not happen overnight!

I will PM you prices of start up costs of Karin Herzog if you need it..hth:hug:

when i was doing friends and family at home while i was doing my level 2 and 3 i used hive and althought they maybe good for pratice i personal would not use them from mobile on clients i dont like them.

as others have said there are a lot better brand out there for not much more than hive.

Latest posts

Back