Hive Spray Paraffin Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luxury Beauty

Reaction score
Hello everyone

i just recently got the hive spray paraffin wax and i have tried it out on my family members, however i am finding it difficult doing it on the feet without getting the spray paraffin everywhere!

i currently do the paraffin and then put either the hand or the foot into plastic liners then into warm booties.

i am not having problems when spraying the hands but when i spray the feet it just goes all around!!

also as its not like a wax bath where there is an even layer of paraffin, its harder to peel off and sometimes just crumbles. most of the paraffin i can peel off but what do you guys use? damp towels? has anyone else experienced this?

if you are using damp towels to get rid of the residue then when you wash the towels is there still wax left?

any help would be appreciated!!!!
lima
xxx

Hi Lima, I found I had this problem too, it just goes everywhere doesn't it?! And that's a risk I can't take in someone else's house (I'm mobile).

I've started pouring the contents of the cartridge into a foil-lined bowl and then painting the paraffin on with a brush. Much easier and less messy.

I have watched hive demo-ing this at a show (on the back) and the therapist sprayed very close to the skin and quite quickly. This might work on the foot but I'm not sure. I think you need to get a thicker layer going for it to peel off in once piece.

On the plus side, the machine is great when mobile for transporting the melted paraffin without it sloshing all over, as it would in a bath.

Hope this is of some help x

hi I also recently bought the hive spray cartridge paraffin wax and wish I had never paid out so much money. the spray makes alot of mess so I went out and bought a bath. I put that on high for an hour and then turn it to low and 3 hrs later it is still far to hot to do treatment. beginning to wish Id never heard of the paraffin wax course as I have spend alot of money on training, new equipment and Im still not able to do a good job as the bath is to hot and the spray makes to much mess. x :cry:

hi I also recently bought the hive spray cartridge paraffin wax and wish I had never paid out so much money. the spray makes alot of mess so I went out and bought a bath. I put that on high for an hour and then turn it to low and 3 hrs later it is still far to hot to do treatment. beginning to wish Id never heard of the paraffin wax course as I have spend alot of money on training, new equipment and Im still not able to do a good job as the bath is to hot and the spray makes to much mess. x :cry:

Sharoh H

The wax bath generally take 6 hours to cool down properly. Also while its cooling down speed it up by removing the lid!!! I have a wax bath and I always book clients in for afternoon or evening appointments if they want paraffin wax. Then I put it on melt overnight and in the morning turn it down to warm. An hour before the client arrives I remove the lid. Paraffin wax is a mission lol but a lovely treatment.

Hth
Ami

P.S not heard any good reviews about this spray paraffin wax so Im glad i didnt invest in it as It was something I considred!

thank you so much for that information it should be printed on the instructions, I thought the thermastat had gone on it I phoned up the company and complained, they never said you had to wait hours. it seems such alot of time just for a 15 min treatment ha ha. i will try it tomorrow and remember to book clients in later on in the day. once again thank you so much for that information. merry christmas and hope you have a great 2008.:)

Latest posts

Back