Hive wax heater how to set up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abigail

Reaction score
I realise this is going to seem like a really silly question but have been going over and over it and still can't seem to find the best way to set up my new Hive 500cc wax heater. The instructions are just so vague, haven't used pot for a while been using roller and am really stuck!:confused:

I am a mobile therapist so need to find a way where it is not going to spill everywhere.

So far I have my heater with the inner pot standing in it, and in that I have my plastic pot of wax, the problem is that then the scraper bar will not stay on the plastic pot, ie too high keeps coming off (thought I would be able to use this to lift it out when I have finished?), if I put the scraper bar lower, (under the screw markings for lid) it sits wonky in the inner metal pot. Can you not use the inner metal pot if you wish to use the scraper bar?
If you just stand the plastic pot in heater there is a big gap so surely take ages to heat up?

I then have a cardboard collar sat on top of plastic wax pot is this right? The lady at suppliers said that the base of machine locks on to the top upside down, but I can't figure out what this is for, just looks like a drip tray?

It also seems that once you have your plastic wax pot in the heater the lid will not then fit on, so how on earth do you transport it?
Sorry for really long winded and daft question can hear sniggers already, but it is driving me mad and wish somebody would just come round and show me how to set it up correctly!

Look forward to any sort of response, fingers crossed!

Thanks in advance

I don't use this heater, but from your description, I don't think you are supposed to be using the plastic tub of wax AND the metal bucket together. Either use the plastic tub of wax in the well, and keep the lid to screw back onto the tub to ensure the wax doesn't spill in transit (you won't have a scraper bar this way), or pour the wax from the tub into the metal bucket (which means you have a scraper bar) and then be sure to use the lid of the machine to stop spillage in transit.

I use Hive 1000cc and think they set up the same.
I use the inner bucket and then place my tins in that. I do then have to lift the scraper bar up a bit to get it over the tin. It does fit over though but i did have to play about with it the first time i set it up!
If you look in my albums there is a picture of my wax station and this might help. It shows the wax pot with the wax tin and the locking collar and also the cardboard collar

http://www.salongeek.com/members/angelina221-albums-wax+station.html

omg! i am SO glad you asked this question! because i have recently had my waxing training and i'm so bloomin' confused about how you actually use the wax heater! obviously if i found one that i liked then i could just ask the manufacturer haha but getting to find one i like is just not happening because for every pos there's a neg haha i have searched and searched for wax heaters and compared on here and read the recomendation from my training course and i'm even more confused haha i also keep reading about people using cling film over their wax heater and putting lids back on but if you put a lid on the pot in the wax wont it melt if it is inside the heater? and most importantly wont you burn yourself? people keep talking about cling film and for the life of me i can't work out where the non cheap cling film is going lol so yeah, i'm glad i'm not the only one confused! :D kinda funny that i'm not worrying about waxing somebody i'm worried about actually getting my wax to warm up lmao :D x

Missconfused, Perron Rigot do empty tins with plastic lids, that you can either decant a different brand of wax in, or use them for non-strip wax. You can put those lids back after you have finished waxing, they don't melt!

As for the cling film, while the lid of the wax heater is off, place the cling film over the entire top of the wax heater, overlapping it on the sides. Then place the lid back on and lock into place. You have to use a decent quality cling film, not a cheapie basic range. It doesn't melt, but kind of shrink wraps itself because of the heat. It works REALLY well, I'm mobile and this is how I travel with my wax pots. hth x:green:

Thank you so much everyone for your help, now glad I asked.

Angelina have looked at your pics brill thank you, although need to invest in a scraper bar that sits on top of inner metal bucket mine are shaped with a hook so they fit around the wax plastic pot itself, also then cannot get the lid on for travelling. Think I am going to dispense the wax into bucket as can then heat it up prior to leaving house and hopefully with the use of some cling film can get it to the client warmish and spill free!?

Missconfused, feel so much better now you did make me laugh, wasn't going to post thread but glad I did. I too have been struggling with wax heaters, have been using hive roller but just don't seem to be getting on with it! Fab for travelling but I just can't seem to get all the hairs out with it. Has been a while though hoping I haven't lost the knack! Don't really enjoy waxing such a hassle mobile, but it's what everyone wants!

Sukic, am going to try the cling film now I know what to do with it. Do you find the heaters stay quite warm when travelling? Do you dispense the wax into inner container, if not and you insert wax pot into inner metal container how on earth do you then manage to fit a lid on top, I can't!?

Thank u very much again, love this website, really helpful :lol:

I use the PR strip wax, and the tins have lids already. The empty tins can be used for the non-strip wax, so you just fill it with the wax beads. I do find the wax is ok, I heat until fully liquid before I leave, so usually its cooled a bit by the time I get to the client. I plug in the wax pots as soon as I get to the client, before I set up anything so I'm pretty much ready to go. hth :green:

Just one other thing, the 800g tins of PR wax just drop straight into the 1000cc heater, no mess no fuss :green:

Latest posts

Back