Hive wax machine keeps switching off and wax goes hard!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
This is annoying as I want to be able to keep it on all day to wax several clients one after the other but the heater switches off and doesn’t maintain the temperature and I’m having to replace melt the wax from scratch again. How can I avoid this? There’s nothing in the instructions to say I need to do anything to prevent that happening. Any advice from anyone would be great. It’s the Hive digital heater with twin chambers 1000 and 500 chambers. Thank you.

I have this machine and that's not supposed to happen. Is it still under warranty?

I have this machine and that's not supposed to happen. Is it still under warranty?
Hi, thanks for replying. It’s brand new. 2 days old and I’m currently trying to figure out the correct melting temp for my wax but this isn’t helping. I set it to 60 and 61 after fast heat and it’s fine for a couple of hours but the digital temp panel just goes dark and the wax starts to cool down. I’ve looked through the instructions. I haven’t been putting it into standby mode as I thought that might make the wax cool down whereas I just want to keep it on at the same temperature. It lets the wax cool down til it’s hard then the red power light comes back on. So it’s still operating, just not keeping wax melted. Do you use standby mode?

I'm not sure about standby mode. I put my wax on at 54 fot hot wax, 60 for strip wax. Put the high heat button on and when it is done it reverts back to those settings. It stays on until i switch it off

I'm not sure about standby mode. I put my wax on at 54 fot hot wax, 60 for strip wax. Put the high heat button on and when it is done it reverts back to those settings. It stays on until i switch it off

I’ve just done both my daughters a half leg wax. The wax had to be turned up to 61 on both just to keep them hot but the wax was cooling as it was being used. I used so much wax and far too many strips. The hot wax was unusable as it dragged the skin. It took me an hour to do their legs and they’re young girls so I should have taken no longer than 15 mins on each. I’m using peron rego wax also for the first time and I used nearly a quarter of a tin of wax on just their legs. I’ll contact Capital Hair and Beauty as I bought it from them. Thank you.

Yes, do. I had a 1000cc heater replaced by Hive in the past.

I had this happen with a brand new wax pot frim another brand (ceripil) it was a faulty pot that was replaced & ive never had a problem since.

I think the pots prob broken xx

I had this happen with a brand new wax pot frim another brand (ceripil) it was a faulty pot that was replaced & ive never had a problem since.

I think the pots prob broken xx

Well, I’ve been playing with the temperature all day long since before 7am. I started with the pot on default 80 for both waxes and every hour or two I’d test the wax and turn them down just 2 degrees, giving plenty time between temperature changes for the wax to adjust. It is now 7.46 pm and the heater has remained on all day. No cooling down or turning the wax solid. I had both waxes on 75 but that was still a bit hot for the hard wax although it had formed a bit of a clump in the middle, which I believe is wanted with Perron Rigot wax. So I’ve turned it right down to 70 and I can’t see it being workable below that given I’ve turned it down by 5 degrees. The warm wax was ok for my wrist in temperature but I’m quite tough so I’ve just turned that down to 70 too since it was still quite liquidy with no lump in the middle. I’m keen to see what will happen if I turn it down to 65 as this is when it went hard. That all said, I can’t help but think I accidentally put the pot into standby yesterday and that perhaps caused the problems. It’s difficult to say. Capital Hair and Beauty haven’t got back to me yet so I thought I’d have a very long slow day of temperature playing before I get back to them. So far, the heater is doing its job so perhaps there’s nothing wrong with it after all!

This is annoying as I want to be able to keep it on all day to wax several clients one after the other but the heater switches off and doesn’t maintain the temperature and I’m having to replace melt the wax from scratch again. How can I avoid this? There’s nothing in the instructions to say I need to do anything to prevent that happening. Any advice from anyone would be great. It’s the Hive digital heater with twin chambers 1000 and 500 chambers. Thank you.
Hi I had the exact same hive digital twin pot and mine stopped working after 2 clients I took it back and got a different one it’s put me off digital it’s kust something else to go wrong-can’t best a dial good luck Hun x

Latest posts

Back