hmm help:)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiaimsarah

Reaction score
im new to the forum so bare with me.

recently i have started colouring my hair using boxed dyes. i was a natural blonde but not really really blond, unfortunately i regret dying it.

i quite like the idea of the chick look ? not completely white bleached hair, but it has the slight orange/yellow tint ? personally i think its nice. and also sometimes looks chick with the dark roots.

does anybody know how i would achieve this without damaging my hair ?
if its too risky i should probably go to a salon, but they might not give me the chick look ?

i understand that your hair has to be in good condition before doing this, so could anybody help me of any suggestions to get my hair in good condition also?

thanks if you can help xx:D

im really confused as to what the chick look is....do you mean like a baby chicken? the fluffy yellow kind?

you would have to go to a salon as you're hair will need to be professionally bleached, and never attempt tha yourself, i do hair and once attempted my own bleach.....was not a good idea! :)

:) good luck!

x

yup thats what i mean! the fluffy yellow kind :D would they do anything else except bleach it ? wouldnt that make it go completely white ?

also, does bleach not completely dry out your hair ?

thanks x

how dark is you're hair?

if you're hair is very dark it might not be possible in one go, they will probbaly tone it for you, depending on what colour it goes, and how yellow you like it! :)

bleaching hair doesnt make it white, to get white it needs to be toned to that shade, i have white hair and bleach it to a pale yellow then tone with a toner :)

x

ive dyed my hair a few times.
its not very dark

i dyed it a reddy brown about 4 weeks ago! but since then it has faded alot and im beginning to see bits of my natural blonde! but i might wait until most of it has faded (although it is permenant) and then go to the salon and get the fluffy yellow kind!? is this a good idea ?

do you have any tips or suggestions to get my hair in good condition ?
i wash it everyday, it is in good condition i would say however it is a little dry etc

thankss! xx

the best thing would be to go for a consulation at a salon and they might even do test pices ( take samples of your hair and colour them) to let you know what to expect,

as far as condition use a really good conditioner, i like the tigi dumb blonde shampoo and conditioner and i find it's really helped the condition of my hair since i've started using it :)

xx

ok thanks for your help :D! xx

For gods sake - go to a salon and seek professional advice. Messing around with boxed products is asking for trouble. These are designed for a bit of colour or grey hiding - not for a hair strip - which is not good anyway never mind the long term damage you could be doing. Get an appointment booked today and talk with the experts on massive changes to your normal hair colour and structure. XX

Latest posts

Back