HMRC help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayleigh12

Reaction score
Does anyone know who I go to about self employed advice about girls who rent a space in my salon ?

What sort of advice you after? :)

What sort of advice you after? :)

All my girls are self employed and one wants to advertise all her work and price list in my shop and another is a nail tech and wants to do blow drys now and I just want to know were I stand in saying they can’t

Is there any salon owners on here that rent spaces out in there salon ?

You don't stand anywhere I'm afraid. If they're self-employed they run their business inside your shop. You're just a landlord in this scenario. They should all advertise their own business name, their own price lists and manage their own bookings and take their own payments.

If you aren't doing the above then technically you could be in trouble with HMRC.

You don't stand anywhere I'm afraid. If they're self-employed they run their business inside your shop. You're just a landlord in this scenario. They should all advertise their own business name, their own price lists and manage their own bookings and take their own payments.

If you aren't doing the above then technically you could be in trouble with HMRC.

No I left them do what they want they come and go as they please they do there own books and mange there own money only thing I don’t no is let them advertise in my own shop as there a hairdresser I let them do it on there soical media but not in my shop

No I left them do what they want they come and go as they please they do there own books and mange there own money only thing I don’t no is let them advertise in my own shop as there a hairdresser I let them do it on there soical media but not in my shop
Got ya. Hmmmm. I guess if there is a rule that no one can advertise in the shop then that's fine but they may just find somewhere else to rent. If they're paying to rent a chair they'll want the advantages of being able to advertise there I'd imagine.

Why not give acas a ring? I have contacted the a few times in the past and they have been brilliant

Excelent advice from beautyej about ACAS, I have had good experiences with them as well but I would recommend emailing tham rather than calling them. That way you have someting in writing if anyone wants to get dificult later.

Why not give acas a ring? I have contacted the a few times in the past and they have been brilliant

What are they ? And have you got a contact number for them please

Attachments

• 1173E8BE-CFC4-4D41-AB19-EB8DA7ECE88B.jpeg
    1173E8BE-CFC4-4D41-AB19-EB8DA7ECE88B.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 14
Sounds like you are worried about the competition with hair. Thing is, they are paying you to be there so remember they are effectively your clients too. Keep them happy and paying your bills ;)

The few I rented rooms from in the past had no respect for me and my business, wanted me to bend over backwards but were totally uninterested in accommodating me and my clients even though I was paying them. If I wasn’t allowed to advertise I’d have been out of there even faster.

Just think of the rent a chairs as another service. In fact a profitable service! No need for you to pay for products or use your time to do it, maybe a bit of water here and there. It’s like free work. It lets you get paid while you do something else and get paid for it. That’s like being paid twice for the same portion of time! Very cool!

Latest posts

Back