HNC Business Level 4

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Successful24

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Ive been quailfied level 3 hairdresser now for 6 years and im wanting to own my own business in the future but my confidence in business is standing in the way.

I have been researching a course to help me with this and i came across the Higher National Certificate in Business Level 4 course. Its only one day a week, part time evening course for 2 years. As im currently Full time this sounds right for me.

Im just wanting to know, Has anyone got any experience and advice about this course and did this help your confidence?

Many thanks,

You should also look into the HNC or D in hair and beauty management. It will be tailored to the industry whereas the business one will be generic. Might be worth a look. Good luck !

When you say confidence in business what area are you worried about? I own my own business and haven't done any specific training, perhaps we could help you understand different things your worried about? It's really not all that hard :) x

You should also look into the HNC or D in hair and beauty management. It will be tailored to the industry whereas the business one will be generic. Might be worth a look. Good luck !

Thank You

When you say confidence in business what area are you worried about? I own my own business and haven't done any specific training, perhaps we could help you understand different things your worried about? It's really not all that hard :) x

I know i hear that all the time from my boss lol i think its the fear of going into the 'Unknown'. I like to prepare myself for one day owning a business, employing staff on a small or large scale. All i know is how to be a hairdresser i had to go to college and Learn and now i have confidence in my skills as a hairdresser. Okay i have my moments where things may go wrong but I've been taught how to correct my mistakes.
I also feel it will give me a great confidence booster & i just miss learning, being back at college. 😊

I know i hear that all the time from my boss lol i think its the fear of going into the 'Unknown'. I like to prepare myself for one day owning a business, employing staff on a small or large scale. All i know is how to be a hairdresser i had to go to college and Learn and now i have confidence in my skills as a hairdresser. Okay i have my moments where things may go wrong but I've been taught how to correct my mistakes.
I also feel it will give me a great confidence booster & i just miss learning, being back at college. 😊

I miss college too lol, and I miss working for someone sometimes too lol, just as you correct your hair mistakes you'll learn from business ones too :) the best thing I did for myself was get a mentor, he's amazing, he's not even a hairdresser but knows so much about business and has encouraged me through and taught me lots, it still hasn't hit me that I own my salon so hasn't actually boosted my confidence as of yet, hoping the ah ha moment will come soon tho lol!

Latest posts

Back