HNC in Business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Successful24

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Ive been quailfied level 3 hairdresser now for 6 years and im wanting to own my own business in the future but my confidence in business is standing in the way.

I have been researching a course to help me with this and i came across the Higher National Certificate in Business Level 4 course. Its only one day a week, part time evening course for 2 years. As im currently Full time this sounds right for me.

Im just wanting to know, Has anyone got any experience and advice about this course and did this help your confidence?

Many thanks,

Hi Everyone,

Ive been quailfied level 3 hairdresser now for 6 years and im wanting to own my own business in the future but my confidence in business is standing in the way.

I have been researching a course to help me with this and i came across the Higher National Certificate in Business Level 4 course. Its only one day a week, part time evening course for 2 years. As im currently Full time this sounds right for me.

Im just wanting to know, Has anyone got any experience and advice about this course and did this help your confidence?

Many thanks,

I am sorry I do not have much experiance in hnc level 4 but if this will give you more confidence and the price is reasonable I say go for it. What do you have to lose?

If you find the price to be quite a lot as I know some of these courses are ( at my old college level 3 beauty was £3200) try wowcher for accounting, business modules e.t.c.

I think from reading your post confidence is a major issue but courses merely give you ideas to cope they are not the real thing. Try running a mobile business or renting a chair a few days as running a small business and getting to know the accounts/tax/revenue v.s profits procedure is what you are probably lacking. Real life situations will therefore help.

If still undecided write a pros and cons list. i.e pro I would be doing something I have always dreamed about:). Anyhow best of luck in your journey.

I went on a princes trust business course for 4 days it was so helpful, they go through everything from set up, marketing, account etc. worth looking in to! and it's free x

I reckon it depends if you want the qualification or the information at speed.

The thing about business is so much of it you can learn as you go. If you really think this will give you the confidence you need then go for it, but business is more about ideas, openings and opportunities. Are you putting off the idea of starting a business for two years just to do this course? Do you really want to do it or is it just something you'll talk about forever? Only you know the answer but you don't need to know how to run a business to start a business. You need to know how to get clients through the door, how to keep them and how to monitor your profits and loss. If your business survives the first year you're doing well.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I went on a princes trust business course for 4 days it was so helpful, they go through everything from set up, marketing, account etc. worth looking in to! and it's free x

I did it too, it's really good :)

i did go on a mini business course similar to the princess trust and i loved it. was once a week in the evening and it was very motivating. i am currently self employed and i feel i lack on the business side of things as I'm so concentrated on doing hair so much, that i lack the book keeping side of things. in the future i would like to get wiser and be more prepared to run a business and transition from mobile to opening my own salon.

Dont get me wrong most of the book keeping is common sense and keeping organised with stock intake but i just would like to be more educated and not be guessing all the time.
btw Im really getting into watching Alex Polizzi: the fixer i think its great lol:green:

Salon bookkeeping is exactly the same as self employed book keeping mind! Just more stuff to enter, I did all mine on paper records then gave it to an accountant to check I was doing it right and it was all fine, all I record is money in cash/bank Money out cash/bank. And then keep all recipts and statements. Same as mobile :)

Latest posts

Back