Hobbies!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzlingtouch

Reaction score
I know everyones first choice hobby has to be nails, but who has other hobbies or interests!!!

I love cars, i try to spend my money equally between cars and nails, at least with nails i can make money to spend on my car!!

So what Are all your hobbies?

Lisa

Computer programming :pukeon:

I know its bad... But I have been doing it for 20 years now ;)

Well when i find the time and i'm not on the geek site my other hobby is cross stitching i have done quite a few mainly winnie the pooh which are now pride of place up my stairs or as i call it my pooh corner lol ;)

My hobby is cooking :D I am well known at work for my double choc chip muffins, victoria sponges and..............Banoffee Pie (which has been described as 'sex on a plate' :shock: ).

Sharon Green said:
My hobby is cooking :D I am well known at work for my double choc chip muffins, victoria sponges and..............Banoffee Pie (which has been described as 'sex on a plate' :shock: ).
WOW :shock: sounds fab :) I love cooking too but am not particularly good at desserts. I love Italian food (maybe a little too much :oops: ). I also like doing stuff in the house - you know ...pottering - stuff :shock: I drive the Geek insane :oops: :rolleyes: ;)

I grew up right near the Arsenal Football stadium. I miss-spent my youth on their terraces. My main hobby is screaming at the television and jumping around like a mad woman every time they're on telly. Alas, my nail business means I have to work Saturdays so I only get tickets now for Sunday games. My clients, occasionally have to listen to live radio commentary and I close the salon for the afternoon if Arsenal are involved in any cup finals :D Some things are more important than nails!! :D

I have my Private Pilot's Licence so it has to be flying - unfortunately, can't afford it as often as I could 'Pre-Mortgage'. :(

The Nail Geek said:
Computer programming :pukeon:

I know its bad... But I have been doing it for 20 years now ;)

I love computers too. I started learning to code when I was 6, taught by a programmer who worked for my dad. By the time I was at school I was helping out the IT teacher. Fortunately my hubby is understanding as he loves them too, he spends his days working in the world's biggest computer game - the Merlin Helicopter flight simulator. You really can fight world war 3 in that! We are an IT Geeky family. My brother works in San Francisco for Google, and my sister teaches science, maths and of course IT! (But we don't like microsoft! Linux is the future!)

My other passion is photography. I hope to do a degree in it when the children are older. I process my own black & white images, but also love working in photoshop with colour.

As for cooking, well you can't have restaurants as one of the family businesses without liking that. Living in cornwall with all this wonderful seafood - it's delicious! My new Aga gets installed on 12th December so I may even leave the other hobbies for a while and enjoy cooking. :D

I love cross stitching too, tend 2 do a lot of Pooh and Tigger for my 3 young nieces.

Jue ;)

Wow everyone seems to have cool hobbies lol!!!

Mine :rolleyes: apart from the gizzilion years long obsession of nails, are art, I just loooooooooove art, practically every person in my whole family is an artist, so I guess its in the genes ;)

I also love to study the history of art, its so meeping interesting :-D Also love visting galleries and museums. :p

I also dance - had lessons since I was 11 :oops: , and love to sing lol saddo me ;) And of course..computers! My siblings are lucky if they get the chance to come on here!!!

Oh and did I mention SHOPPING?!! :twisted:

xxlaylaxx

Hi All ) My hobbies when well are writting poems and drawing. I like to be CREATIVE. Whether doing nails or not.
Take Care All
Lesley )

Well, firstly:

My main hobby is screaming at the television and jumping around like a mad woman every time they're on telly

I'm with you on this one!!! I am a mad Arsenal supporter as are the rest of my family including my hubby. I don't get to watch them as often as I'd like but hey, what a thrashing we gave Inter Milan last night!!!!!

Secondly,

Well when i find the time and i'm not on the geek site my other hobby is cross stitching

I also do cross-stitiching. My family and friends laugh at me because they think I should have my slippers and my cardi on and that I'm more 73 than 23!!!!!! But I find it very relaxing and therapeutic (correction, DID find it relaxing and therapeutic!!). Due to having a 1 year old I don't get time to do any now. I've done a few Winnie the Pooh, a Country Companions one, a Jungle Book one, A Labrador one (which was beautiful) and the last one I started, but have yet to finish, is an a big egyptian one with Tutankhamun's head on it.

I quite like anything to do with Egypt as well.

You all probably think I'm quite strange know you've read that last line!!!!

this icon's for you chicky..... :farao: :goal:

Thanks Chicha!! It's fab. Suppose I should've put it in there myself!!!! That's what being lazy does for you!!!! :rolleyes:

Yep, I do cross stitch too. I love the challenge of the large kits by Mirabilia and Lavender & Lace with all the beading and metallic threads. Have a drawer full of unopened kits which I keep meaning to start, probably enough for the next 10 years! Recently finished a large kit called Nantucket Rose (has anyone seen that design?) for my mum's 70th birthday present. Looks lovely but it took me over a year to complete :oops: :shock:

Shaza

What an interesting bunch!

I recently took golf lessons, but the nearest I've got to a round of golf is a pitch and put in Spain. My boyfriend said he'd take me for a round as soon as I could hit the ball 100 yards. Now I can hit the ball 100 yards he says I have to hit it 200 yards...Hmmm... :?

Apart from that, eating and drinking is pretty high on the list!!! :D

Kx

My hobbies . . .

I'm into vw beetles - the old 'uns

I have a 1958 vw beetle currently undergoing resto

Maybe i should paint it in honour of Creative Nail Design ?

Or have the Grand Master Geek on the side of it :fro:

Would that be cool or what 8)

Not as cool as nails though ;)

Everyone seems to have arty hobbies thats why we all must love nails constantly making and experiments with new stuff! I love making stuff to but quiet often choose something really challenging and time consuming that i don't manage to finish it!

Bug123 i love VW's too but mine has to be my purple MK2!

Both myself and my hubby looooooove photography particularly landscapes. we postively buzz in the autumn with all the fantastic colours. Its brill!

Its great as its something we can do together, getting up at the crack of dawn to catch the warm light of morning is really hard but once you get out and the adrenalin gets going its fantastic. You see so much. We went to Wiltshire to see the bluebells, last year, getting there before 7am. There we were happily strolling through taking pikkies when, while I was in the process of setting up a close up shot, I heard this thud of hooves. I quickly stood up and literally a few yards to the side of me a huge beautiful stag, antlers and all came leaping through the bluebells!! I was so shocked and awed that I completely forgot that I had a camera in my hand and just stood there looking gaumless! Missed a great shot but the experience waa great.

Tamm

Sharon Green said:
Banoffee Pie (which has been described as 'sex on a plate' :shock: ).

:o Homemade (and it HAS to be homemade) Banoffie Pie is my absolute favourite!! Don't suppose you could send me the reciepe for it could you? My friends, boyfriends mother ( :? ) used to make the most delicios one, we used to make ourselves sick eating the WHOLE THING! But sadly she passed away last year... :( RIP xx

On a lighter note, my hobbies are: Acting (just finished 2 years at drama college), raving to hardcore, jungle and drumnbass, singing, dancing and watching films whilst eating Domino's pizza mmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back