Hole in my nail, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sscargill

Reaction score
Hey I recently had gel nails put on but removed them a week later due to the length and the colour. I was told to file them off and use acetone and cotton to loosen them. However now I’m left with a hole near my cuticle on my thumb and it’s reallt sore and the pain gets even worse when I apply pressure. Any advice?

Ouch. Sounds like you’ve over filed and filed your natural nail as well. Only thing you can do is let it grow out.
You can apply cuticle oil but it won’t mend the hole. Also, keep your thumb clean and watch out for any signs of infection.
Why on earth didn’t you go back to your nail tech to get them removed safely?

Thanks! I’d already started picking at them and most were chipped anyway, it’s a bad habit of mine so I thought why not just get rid of them completely, clearly a bad idea on my behalf. Definitely going to a nail tech to get them removed properly next time. Learned my lesson the hard way.

You might also keep a bandage on there until the protective barrier has grown back. Then try CND Rescue Rx Also try tea tree oil several times a day as well as a biotin supplement while it grows out.

Latest posts

Back