'Hole-like' blemish on clients skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misssparkle

Reaction score
I had a client today for a facial and it went well IMO her skin felt and looked great after but she had two blemishes on her face which looked like holes only when I squeezed them a tiny bit of congestion came out. Do these sound like large open pores or is there another name for this which I haven't heard off. Any suggestions on how to treat it would be appreciated also.

I wouldn't recommend squeezing large open pores on a client you will just leave the area open to fill with more oil and dirt. You want to treat the cause of the open pore to help them to close. Is her cause oily skin or is her skin sun damaged which can cause the epidermis to thicken and the appearance of pores larger. I would prescribe an appropriate homecare routine, maybe including some ahas or glycolic products and get her back in for some regular facials.x

Her skin was slightly dry and dehydrated and I gave her a dermalogica multiviatmin power facial which left her skin brilliant, but the pores confused me a there were only two on different parts of her face with no characteristics of oily or sundamaged skin. I am so confused, is there any other causes?

It's slightly uncharacteristic of dry/dehydrated skin having large open pores. The tubule lies below the pore and dictates it's size depending on the oil/sebum production, if excessive the pore will become large and appear darker due to the trapped melanin. Treat the open pores as an oily skin, and treat the rest of the face for dehydration. I'm not trained with dermalogica so I'm not sure if that was the right facial, but maybe you will be able to treat the problem better now you know what an open pore is and it's causes.x

I came across this years ago once, the woman had a hole next to her nose the size of a 5 pence, it was a large open pore, she did have other much smaller congested pores, she was elderly

sounds like a solar comedone usually caused by sun damage, usually i remove debris very gently and advise aha products to treat open pore:o

It's slightly uncharacteristic of dry/dehydrated skin having large open pores. The tubule lies below the pore and dictates it's size depending on the oil/sebum production, if excessive the pore will become large and appear darker due to the trapped melanin. Treat the open pores as an oily skin, and treat the rest of the face for dehydration. I'm not trained with dermalogica so I'm not sure if that was the right facial, but maybe you will be able to treat the problem better now you know what an open pore is and it's causes.x

Hi Thanks for the reply I know the characteristics of different skin types and what open pores are and their causes. I didn't know if this hole was an open pore as they looks different to me and there was only two, that's why I said there was no characteristics or sun damaged or oily skin. Thanks for your input though :)

I've got something that sounds similar to this,but mine is on my thigh.It's about the size of a pin head.I used to squeeze it and bits would come out but cant get anything out of it now.

I've even thought of going to my GP to find out what it is.I'ts not painful but I just hate the sight of it.:cry:

Will be interested to see if anyone knows what it is.:confused:

Could it have been a chicken-pox scar?

Hi Thanks for the reply I know the characteristics of different skin types and what open pores are and their causes. I didn't know if this hole was an open pore as they looks different to me and there was only two, that's why I said there was no characteristics or sun damaged or oily skin. Thanks for your input though :)

You asked in your original post if these sounded like open pores so I told you what an open pore was and it's causes. You also asked how to treat the condition so I advised you to treat this area separately from the rest of the skin. Without a skin analysis machine you may not know what proper cause of them.

I have a random hole on my face! I used to just think it was a freckle but a couple of years ago I was really looking at my face and it was a little hole! It isn't a pore, I can only assume it's a scar from chicken pox or something! It doesn't really bother me and like I said it just looks like a little freckle. :)

It is probably caused by some kind of past infection either a large infected spot,maybe an infected chicken pox spot,but it is something that has destroyed the tissue and left a hole as a scar.They may have had acne at some point
It is unlikely it could be closed.If skin is dry it can actually make it look worse as it becomes stretched open.Ageing slack skin makes pores look more open as well and scarring more obvious as collagen and muscle support is lost.

The tan fairy's got the name for you, its a 'comeeeedone' lol, i remember now !!! well ! its been a long, long time ( cant remember any of that stuff now)

The tan fairy's got the name for you, its a 'comeeeedone' lol, i remember now !!! well ! its been a long, long time ( cant remember any of that stuff now)

Thats a blackhead.It sounds like an icepick scar.

My fella has a small hole on his shoulder blade, its like the hole you get when you squeeze a massive commedone but the hole never closes.

Every few weeks im like 'Right, let me at it!' Then he has a smaller one on the back of his neck.

Before he knows whats hit him i have squeezed his nose, chin, ear lobes (incl his old piercings - front and back) and anywhere else I see one! Have to work quickly though as he gets irritated by all the prodding :)

Thats a blackhead.It sounds like an icepick scar.

Lmao
(thats why i dont do facials anymore, i cant remember a thing, lol)

i did just look it up though, excessively large ones, certain make-up products can cause it to enlarge that size, also high testosterone levels, or ruptured follicle from excessive squeezing

Thanks for the imput everybody I from the suggestions you have given me I have com to th conclusion it was an icepick scar which I have never heard off bfore, but the pictures on google look identical x x

My fella has a small hole on his shoulder blade, its like the hole you get when you squeeze a massive commedone but the hole never closes.

Every few weeks im like 'Right, let me at it!' Then he has a smaller one on the back of his neck.

Before he knows whats hit him i have squeezed his nose, chin, ear lobes (incl his old piercings - front and back) and anywhere else I see one! Have to work quickly though as he gets irritated by all the prodding :)

:biggrin:Lmao, I just had to read ur post out to my boyfriend as he too is subject to the same treatment every few weeks plus the tweezers for his ingrown hairs when necessary! I tell him he's lucky to have a girlfriend who cares so much about his grooming........he is not convinced!

:biggrin:Lmao, I just had to read ur post out to my boyfriend as he too is subject to the same treatment every few weeks plus the tweezers for his ingrown hairs when necessary! I tell him he's lucky to have a girlfriend who cares so much about his grooming........he is not convinced!

That's what I say! I tell him I'm only trying to make him more beautiful and he's like 'but you can't even see it'!

Im constantly trying to get the wax out for his chest but no luck yet....

He sais maybe for Egypt in September (fingers crossed)!

Never heard of an icepick scar but having googled it realised I have seen it before

Latest posts

Back