Holes appearing in my clothes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has had problems with this. Little holes appearing in clothes.
I've heard bugs eat through them whilst in washing basket but that's gross and I'm hoping not!

Any ideas ladies? Xx

Invest in moth balls....or cedar wood which smells much better ! I presume you've checked washing machine drum - nothing sharp to snag ? Hth

I have the same. Only on t.shirts and only on the front where your tummy is. It's on mine, my husbands, and my daughters. Someone suggested wear from belts but we all wear our t.shirts hanging out and they don't rub on belts. I now only wash t.shirts on a gentle wash thinking it might be happening in the machine while it's on the spin, perhaps stretching the fabric.

I'm as stumped as you. Looking forward some replies.

There's been a big clothes moth problem last couple years, we and my parents and in laws have also had them :-(
Sticky moth things from Amazon help too.

I have seen these before, the culprit was the washing machine. Take a pair of tights or nylon socks and and slowly go over the drum of the washing machine. This way you should be able to find out if any of the holes in the drum are damaged, if it is, they will tag. We had to have ours replaced.

My daughter has them on the front of her t shirts from the zip of her jeans, trousers. She isn't too careful about her clothes.

I've been having this problem with clothes moths. I end up buying the Raid clothes moth repellers from the supermarket but find I have to keep getting them every few months else the little holes start appearing again.

Pain in the backside, especially when it happens to newly bought clothes.

No idea how to get rid of them permanently.

I have the 'hole fairy' too :eek:

It's likely to be loose paddles withing you washing machine.

Clothes catch in them and year slightly.

My dad owns a washing machine repair business and I have worked there since I was tiny. I still do his book keeps g for him.

It's a very common problem.

Paddles are the plastic things in the inside of the washing machine drum, they bash the clothes as it washes.

I has this for a time and it was always on the backs of t shirts. After checking washing machine etc I discovered after much hair pulling that it was my pegs. I was using stor, pegs and where they close around the line the are pretty much touching and when I was pulling them off to take the washing in it was damaging my clothes and always the backs of t shirts as the were thin material and due to OCD they were always hung up by the backs lol. I now use wooden pegs and no issues with mysterious holes. X

Ok I'll try the tights in washing machine first good idea, otherwise moth balls, heard they stink tho :/

Yes always on teshirts ! Little buggers.

We have no bathroom fan so open window a lot I bet that's an open invite :(

Mine is definitely moths because some clothes were so new I hadn't washed them yet. Ok one minute, holes the next. Wish it was the washing machine I could fix that.

If anyone has any other moth remedies I would be very grateful.

I've been getting these in my clothes too in the front by the tummy! Strange I think as why always in the same place? Always in similar material more t shirt type clothes! Would moths just like to eat the front not the back? Or in the washing machine why the same place why not other areas stumped too lol :)

I get holes in the front tummy area, I am baffled, I have 3 or 4 t shirts that have this, some fitter, some loose, I thought it was from leaning over a bench and them rubbing on the top of my jeans or just from pulling them out and away from my body?

I also get this lol i wonder what it could be x

I've had this too, at first I thought it was my belly bar catching my t-shirts. x

I was speaking with a client today and mentioned to her and she said she gets it to! She thinks zips are causing it! Could well be :)

Latest posts

Back